+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Hunger Games 2: Catching Fire

Re: Hunger Games 2: Catching Fire

i saw it twice

i really liked it, but i did like the book, and i liked how it stayed pretty true to the book except for a few scenes

now, if they can do just a good of a job with mockingjay, i will be really impressed because i hated that book

i like jena malone, but i thought she was just okay as Johanna, her version of Johanna was not what i pictured in the book

i thought the guy who played finnick did very considering the complexity of the character

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by snickers View Post
    i saw it twice

i really liked it, but i did like the book, and i liked how it stayed pretty true to the book except for a few scenes

now, if they can do just a good of a job with mockingjay, i will be really impressed because i hated that book
    i like jena malone, but i thought she was just okay as Johanna, her version of Johanna was not what i pictured in the book

i thought the guy who played finnick did very considering the complexity of the character
    I agree. That was my least favorite of the series. They did everything they could to portray Katniss as an unlikeable person in the other books but she was especially overbearing in the last one. So far, I like how Jennifer Lawrence has portrayed her.

I also found the books to be a bit confusing at times so I'm glad the movies have simplified things to where I can understand what the heck is going on!

The guy who played Finnick looked familiar to me but I looked him up on IMDB and haven't seen most of the stuff he's been in. I did see Pirates of the Caribbean but I'm not sure if I saw the one he was in. I sure don't remember him from it. I think he just looks like someone else and that's why he seems familiar to me. He kind of reminds me of Taylor Kitsch, or Mike, the model who was an ice cream guy on this last season of America's Next Top Model.
    Last edited by pikachu; 12-04-2013 at 09:35 AM.

Yay! We are going today after my nail appointment. Fortunately the Mall we will see it at has a Sears Auto Service so we can get an oil change/tire rotation whilst seeing the show. We rewatched the original movie on Netflix yesterday and are primed for this sequel.

pikachu, the guy who plays finnick is British. Someone said he reminded them of James Franco, I personally don't see the resemblance but when he was speaking his voice sort of sounded like his.

Finally saw it tonight. Great movie, our only complaint was that it ended too abruptly. We wanted more!

Wow, just checked Box Office Mojo and Hunger Games: Catching Fire has made Worldwide: $771,484,011. It cost 130 million to make. It is doing equally well in domestic and foreign markets.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Newbie

Hunger games 2: Catching Fire is the movie that I will definitely recommend for anyone. It a worthy sequel that improves the original Thumbs Up!
    AmyKay and AZChristian like this.

Finally saw this yesterday. I liked it and thought they stayed pretty true to the book. I went with my husband who has not read the books - just seen the movies. Some of the stuff was over his head and I had to explain it to him. The mention of District 13 in particular. Since that is where their home base is for the 3rd book, there is much more backstory in the book - between them analyzing the footage, etc., which makes it a bigger deal in the end when she learns that is where they are. In the movie, it was just a brief mention and then she learns at the end that is where they are going. I would have liked just a bit more background on that district for those who haven't read the books. And of course they didn't spend near as much time in the arena as they did in the book. But I understood why since they were setting up for the next two movies - and really what was going on outside the arena was more important. Overall, I thought it was very good, and I thought the ending set up the next two movies well.
    AZChristian likes this.

6 weeks at the box office and Hunger Games has made 400 million domestically and over 804 million combined domestic and foreign.
    AZChristian likes this.

Wow, just checked the highest grossing films worldwide of 2013 and it's Ironman 3, Despicable Me 2 and Hunger Games. Both Despicable Me 2 and Hunger Games are playing in theaters.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast