+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Hunger Games 2: Catching Fire

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Hunger Games 2: Catching Fire

Whoa...even the NY Times gave this a good review!

FORT Fogey

Saw it in a packed theater this weekend. Kinda fun to watch with the die-hards! There were long lines, picture-taking, applause, etc. Loved Beetee and Mags with their spot-on surprising characters. Finnick was a pleasant suprise, as I didn't have much confidence in this character being brought to life without being cheesy. Johanna was off the charts...the elevator scene LOL. So pleased to see Peeta fleshed out more in this movie. Haymitch was right about what a good person he is. Looking forward to Gale's development in the next movie; his character was set up nicely for that. I really felt for him in the flogging scene, and the subsequent treatment scene. Also, Woody Harrelson rocked it as Haymitch!

I went at noon of Friday and was a bit worried that there were only 5 of us in the theater. Knew people that went to the Fri night shows and they were sold out tho, so thankful for that. We had a theater doing the "marathon" thing Thursday night, I couldnt go so I didnt even look into prices, but the people at the theater said it was a great turnout so I am hoping they do it for the next two also (By the way- Mockingjay part 1 will be out this time next year, and part 2 this time in 2015.) I saw that this weekend it broke the Nov opening record over Twilight which makes me happy!

I had been waiting to read the 3rd until this came out, I came late to this game. I saw the first movie this summer and then read book 1 and 2. I loved this movie even more than the first one. Even tho I knew what was going to happen I was on the edge of my seat for a lot of the movie and cried in a couple parts.

I started the 3rd book Saturday and finished this am. It seems like it will be forever till the next 2 movies!
    Jamie5632 likes this.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

I saw the movie today and I am going to see it again on Friday with a friend. So much better than the first movie and was thrilled that most of the things I loved from the book made it in this time. I cried at the Cinna scene and a couple of others. I liked all of the cast, which pleasantly surprised me as I wasn't sure about Finnick.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Even though she was more of a background character, Johanna was such a star. I died laughing when she started cursing during her interview and when she stripped in the elevator.
    JLuvs, sweetpea and SpringMaiden27 like this.

Just got back - it was AMAZING!!! Love this whole series. We talked about it in the car the whole drive home.
    Count your blessings!

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I missed an opportunity to watch it in the theater. Some day. I watched the first one and liked it quite a bit.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

We took a break from Universal Orlando today and watched the movie at their IMAX theater. Loved every second of it - as did the other 7 people in the theater. It sure stayed true to the book, and I thought the casting was pretty good!

How lucky you are to see it at a IMAX. That had to be fantastic.
    There's no place like home!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    How lucky you are to see it at a IMAX. That had to be fantastic.
    Fortunately, I talked hubby into reading the books, and he was interested in seeing it . . . and we treated ourselves to IMAX because we're on vacation. It really did fill our entire fields of vision and the sound system was amazing - no lost dialogue at all. Felt like we were in the arena with the tributes. :-)
    Punkin likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast