+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Gravity

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Gravity

Has anyone seen it? Fabulous reviews, Bullock and Clooney, strong recommendations to see it in IMAX and 3D, that it is the next step beyond Avatar for 3D for grown ups. Even astronauts seem to mostly like it.
    So...FORT reviews?

Re: Gravity

I saw it last night in 3D and was extremely disappointed. It was very slow-moving and the ending wasn't all that satisfying. Maybe my expectations were too high. I wouldn't recommend it. I wanted to leave after about 20-30 minutes but had to stay because I was with a group. Very boring movie overall.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
    I saw it last night in 3D and was extremely disappointed. It was very slow-moving and the ending wasn't all that satisfying. Maybe my expectations were too high. I wouldn't recommend it. I wanted to leave after about 20-30 minutes but had to stay because I was with a group. Very boring movie overall.
    Rotten Tomatoes gave it a 97% and was considered one of the best films of the year by the critics at the Toronto Film Festival.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I cant wait to see it! Hopefully this Friday. I am a little worried about it being 3D. I feel very anxious watching 3D - but to heck with it, I need to see this movie
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post

I bet I would feel exactly the same way. Just watching the trailer bores me!

ETA- I just read a detailed plot summary. This is one for me to skip, absolutely.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 10-14-2013 at 06:34 AM.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

The only reason I wouldn't watch it is the claustrophobic factor, which I get from the trailer. Otherwise, it seems to be a terrific two person play.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    The only reason I wouldn't watch it is the claustrophobic factor, which I get from the trailer. Otherwise, it seems to be a terrific two person play.
    That's what worries me. My son said it was fantastic.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I didn't care for it . . . boring, short (thank goodness), and unbelievable for a sci-fi film with a story line that could/should have been believable.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I didn't care for it . . . boring, short (thank goodness), and unbelievable for a sci-fi film with a story line that could/should have been believable.
    I guess you and I are part of the 3%! I'm glad I'm not the only crazy one who didn't like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I cant wait to see it! Hopefully this Friday. I am a little worried about it being 3D. I feel very anxious watching 3D - but to heck with it, I need to see this movie
    They are recommending it be seen in 3D and IMAX.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast