+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Gravity

FORT Newbie

Re: Gravity

Not sure if I want to see it. Sandra Bulluck is a bit annoying to me. All her movies seem like she can never make up her mind. I don't know if that's just her or the roles she takes.

I'm guessing it's more about her than the roles, if I'm visualizing something similar to what you're speaking of about her not being able to make up her mind.

If so, I differ from you in that that's probably one of the aspects about her on screen that appeals to me.

Fort Member

I saw it in 2D as I struggle with 3D due to my crappy eye sight and really liked it
    It was different and I can see how people may have found it boring but I did'nt
    I thought Bullock was very good as she was alone for a lot of it and without much makeup, I know big deal, but most stars her age woukd never do a movie that bare faced.
    I think I am just craving an original movie so tired of the same thing over and over and this was something original

Read an article where they asked an expert from NASA who they showed the movie to, how much was accurate, he said about 80% was possible and he really liked it.

Gravity is the 9th highest grossing film (worldwide) of 2013 and it is still playing.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Lucynda View Post
    I saw it in 2D as I struggle with 3D due to my crappy eye sight and really liked it
    It was different and I can see how people may have found it boring but I didn't
    I thought Bullock was very good as she was alone for a lot of it and without much makeup, I know big deal, but most stars her age would never do a movie that bare faced.
    I think I am just craving an original movie so tired of the same thing over and over and this was something original

Read an article where they asked an expert from NASA who they showed the movie to, how much was accurate, he said about 80% was possible and he really liked it.
    One astronaut I heard said it was very Hollywood. That under their clothes they wear diapers, and more than one. Not skimpy undies as she did..LOL
    libgirl2 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    One astronaut I heard said it was very Hollywood. That under their clothes they wear diapers, and more than one. Not skimpy undies as she did..LOL

Yeah, I remember reading an article long time ago and they had illustrations of what an astronaut wears under their spacesuits and diapers were included. It reminded me of a story of one of the first American astronauts in space who was suited up and had to pee and radioed NASA about it and after a bit of discussion they told him to go pee in the suit. I think after that they came up with a fallback plan. Still Sandra Bullock did look good getting out of her suit sorta reminded me of Jane Fonda's spacesuit strip tease in the opening scene in Barbarella.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

at the Barbarella comparison-- I remember that scene well! My knowledge of astronaut diaper wearing dates to that crazy thing with the astronaut woman driving miles to attack her rival wearing a diaper....

Finally saw the movie today. Fantastic, IMO, loving all the extra features on the DVDs as the research is fascinating.
    momrek06 likes this.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

FORT Fogey

I watched this movie over the weekend, and I"m in the "that stunk" camp. I'll give the makers the benefit of the doubt and admit I watched a DVD and so I did not see the special effects in all their glory. But IMO when a movie is made because the technology exists for the special effects, it rarely turns out to be a good movie. The visuals were impressive, even on my TV screen. But I need a story and I didn't feel like this was really one that captivated me. I kept comparing it to Castaway. When that film came out we all wondered how on earth Tom Hanks could carry a movie by himself for such a long time, but he pulled it off. Here, I didn't feel what Sandra Bullock was feeling. I just felt bored, and not very suspenseful as I figured eventally she'd make her way back home. I wish they had waited to make the movie until they had a story that matched the technology.

Interesting views by everyone. I'm still on the fence whether to see it even on DVD. Other than technical achievements, can't really see watching one person carry the entire movie even though I adore Sandra Bullock. Hmmmmm. Advice?
    =^.^=
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast