+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Prisoners

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Prisoners

I love Hugh Jackman, so I'll pretty much go see anything just because he's in it.

But this movie had some major plot holes and some character interactions that didn't make much sense. I'm actually going to see it again just to see if I can figure out some of the twists and turns.

Jake Gyllenhaal did a really good job with his character. I thought there was an awful lot of mumbling by several characters.

Anyone else see it?

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Prisoners

Not yet, but it's gotten fabulous reviews and Oscar whispers. Reviews also say it is extremely violent. Yes?

Yes, there are some graphic violent scenes.

We are going on Saturday. It has such great reviews I was hoping someone here had seen it.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

It was a pretty good movie, but I almost walked out due to the torture scenes. I am not a squeamish person by any means and I do get that he felt powerless so was trying to feel like he was doing everything he could to save his daughter, but seeing and the allusions of the things they did to this childlike man with the IQ of a 10 year old was too much for me. Aside from that, I think it was a movie that had the potential to be great, but didn't make it. I also knew pretty soon in the movie who the guilty one was and who the character Alex was. I agree with the person above that there were some plot holes.
    AZChristian likes this.

I just watched a trailer for this film. It looked pretty good, but as the mother of an 8 year old girl, I'm really not sure I could handle watching this...
    Kocky_Kamikaze likes this.

I can understand that . . . it would hit very close to your heart.

We finally saw it. Its really has little to do with girls does it? I mean, we know they are missing, then we see what takes place. It was violent, I guess its easy to say I would never do anything like that, but if someone took my grandchild, I don't know what I would do.

They all seemed like 'Prisoners' in one way or another. We really thought the acting was very good, especially Jake Gyllenhaal
    AZChristian likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I thought Jake was awesome, too. He even stole a couple of scenes from my sweetie, Hugh!

I had a lot of issues with this movie. I ended up replaying some parts 2-3 times and still don't understand some things. There were so many things that real law enforcement would have done like search the propety where the child was found with a cadaver dog, before just digging in one spot. And no real background checks on the aunt and so called nephew. I found it frustrating, since a novice would know to check out some things. Plus, the little abducted boy's photos look very much like the guy grown up.

What cop would take the word of the aunt anyway. So naive.

Can someone explain who lived in the brown wood house where the Detective went to after he saw "window open" written in his note pad? He found a child's sock there on the ground. Was this the house of the correctional officer who killed himself? How did the deceased correctional officer fit in? What was his role?

The little girl who escaped from the house, couldn't have gotten very far from the house. Why couldn't she tell them where she ran from? And she was likely within a mile or two from the house when discovered. So, when the detective left the hospital, why didn't he think to go to that house to check it out as opposed to the vacant building where the nephew was being held. The nephew was the original suspect and one of the victims likely turns up within a mile or so radius. Why not check it out again?

Who was in the hole that aunt put Keller in? What emergency supplies did he have on him, besides the flash light and whistle.

How did aunt get rid of Keller's tool, gun and car before detective arrived?

I think I'll have to watch this movie again........but, it's rather depressing, though I take it that Keller would be discovered and go to prison for the abduction of the young man.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast