+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Prisoners

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: Prisoners

I saw the movie 3 times. Saw it the second time because I wanted to see the whole thing again, knowing "who done it" during the movie to watch for clues. Saw it the third time because hubby wanted to see it a second time, and I figure anytime I'm watching Hugh Jackman, it's time well spent. LOL.

There were so many things that real law enforcement would have done like search the property where the child was found with a cadaver dog, before just digging in one spot.
    Yep. They're not about to start digging frozen ground unless they KNOW what they're looking for!

Plus, the little abducted boy's photos look very much like the guy grown up.
    I figured they just used Photoshopped pictures of the actor as a child.

What cop would take the word of the aunt anyway. So naive.
    Little old ladies get away with a lot. LOL.

Can someone explain who lived in the brown wood house where the Detective went to after he saw "window open" written in his note pad? He found a child's sock there on the ground. Was this the house of the correctional officer who killed himself? How did the deceased correctional officer fit in? What was his role?
    He had escaped from the aunt and uncle, and it left him unbalanced.

The little girl who escaped from the house, couldn't have gotten very far from the house. Why couldn't she tell them where she ran from? And she was likely within a mile or two from the house when discovered. So, when the detective left the hospital, why didn't he think to go to that house to check it out as opposed to the vacant building where the nephew was being held. The nephew was the original suspect and one of the victims likely turns up within a mile or so radius. Why not check it out again?
    The little girls were kept drugged. It's possible she didn't have the mental clarity to remember where she'd been. Remember when she said to Hugh Jackman's character "You were there" when she heard his voice? Everyone assumed he was in on it, but she had heard his voice while she was drugged.

Who was in the hole that aunt put Keller in? What emergency supplies did he have on him, besides the flash light and whistle.
    All he had was the flashlight. The whistle was there because the girls had been kept in that hole during part of their imprisonment. The whistle was his daughter's, and she had left it there when she was taken out of the hole.

How did aunt get rid of Keller's tool, gun and car before detective arrived?
    This bugged me, too. They showed her driving off in the truck, and I assume she had taken his tools and gun, too. So how did she get back to her house????

I think I'll have to watch this movie again........but, it's rather depressing, though I take it that Keller would be discovered and go to prison for the abduction of the young man.
    That's why the title "Prisoners" is so appropriate.

The young man with glasses was a prisoner - held by the "aunt and uncle" and also by HJ's character.
    The little girls were prisoners.
    HJ's character is likely GOING to be a prisoner. (Had the young man actually done the crime, no jury would have convicted HJ. But the fact that the young man was as much a victim as the kids, and was then so severely beaten by HJ, means that HJ would likely have to suffer some consequences.)

Yes, I DO have other things to do today, but I love discussing movies!!!!

Thanks for the info AZChristian. That really helps. There is one thing though about the guy you said escaped. I realize the one guy who escaped after being abducted for a couple of weeks. He was the one with snakes in his house and later shot himself in the head, but the brown house with the sock in the backyard was not his house. The brown house was a different person's house. Who was it?

The reason I thought it belonged to the correctional officer who committed suicide, is that they showed the detective reading about the suicide online and then soon he was out at that house.

I personally think there were too many open holes and loosely connected threads. If it take this much time for intelligent people to figure it out, it's not worth it, IMO.

Yes, I DO have other things to do today, but I love discussing movies!!!!
    So do I AZ, love love love it. Hubby and I always discuss a movie after we leave, then I can go online and do the same thing. Unless the film is a real bomb, then sometimes I have nothing to say..
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Debb . . . it's been so long since I saw it, with lots of movies in between, that I don't remember some of the details you're asking about. Maybe when it comes out on video I'll borrow it from the library and re-watch it.

There were so many plot holes . . . and even with Jackman and Gyllenhall in the movie, I was a bit disappointed with that fact.

Did you "get" that the dead guy in the priest's basement was the "uncle"?
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Debb . . . it's been so long since I saw it, with lots of movies in between, that I don't remember some of the details you're asking about. Maybe when it comes out on video I'll borrow it from the library and re-watch it.

There were so many plot holes . . . and even with Jackman and Gyllenhall in the movie, I was a bit disappointed with that fact.

Did you "get" that the dead guy in the priest's basement was the "uncle"?
    No, I missed that too. I guess I may have to watch it a third time. lol Honestly, I don't really care to. It wasn't that good of a movie, IMO, but apparently to catch everything I have to. lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12