+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By PWS
  • 2 Post By AcookerTV

Thread: Blue Jasmine

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Blue Jasmine

If it's still showing near you I really urge you to see it. A very pleasant, funny, sad, human movie about the post expose of a Mrs. Madoff type woman. Absolutely great acting. Very touching.
    And unlike many earlier Woody Allen movies, no weird ugly old guy lovely young woman scenes.
    Punkin and beerbelly like this.

FORT Fogey

Re: Blue Jasmine

I loved this movie too! The acting was amazing, but there were other little touches in the film that I noticed and was really impressed with. For example, without giving anything signifcnt away, Cate Blanchett's entire San Francisco wardrobe consisted of just a few pieces. They were all very NICE pieces, but there were very few of them. Very believable that it woudl be all she'd have left to fit in a suitcase. For my taste, Woody Allen can be hit or miss. This was definitely a BIG hit!
    PWS and beerbelly like this.

Cate Blanchett's performance was a MASTER class in acting. I didn't love the movie (I liked it), but she was worth the price of admission. Just amazing. I can't imagine how anyone else will give a better performance this year.

I don't love Woody Allen, but I don't hate him either. I approach his movies on a case-by-case basis.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Cate Blanchett's performance was a MASTER class in acting. I didn't love the movie (I liked it), but she was worth the price of admission. Just amazing. I can't imagine how anyone else will give a better performance this year.

I don't love Woody Allen, but I don't hate him either. I approach his movies on a case-by-case basis.
    That's exactly how I feel, Critical. My three favorites were probably Crimes and Misdemeanors, Bullets Over Broadway,, and Midnight in Paris.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Personally the ones I liked best, before this one, were Annie Hall and some of the early silly comedies. Midnight in Paris was kind of B+ to me.

+ Reply to Thread