+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Pacific Rim

FORT Fogey

Re: Pacific Rim

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Didn't really see it as a love story more as two injured people who had to learn to work as partners. Since the one partner was female the male could be freer to be himself around her versus being a bad ass soldier.
    I see what you're saying, and maybe that's the issue. If they'd left it at that strong partnership, I wouldn't have a problem with it. At the end, they pushed it to something more that really wasn't there. I guess they needed a "Hollywood" ending

Quote Originally Posted by SpringMaiden27 View Post
    I see what you're saying, and maybe that's the issue. If they'd left it at that strong partnership, I wouldn't have a problem with it. At the end, they pushed it to something more that really wasn't there. I guess they needed a "Hollywood" ending
    I saw it several ways, as a young girl who was traumatized and terrified of the monsters and has overcome that fear. As a young woman who has been training all her life to become the ideal partner to operate the machine and be insync with her partner and as a daughter grieving her "fathers" death and just as a human being who survived and overcame something that was trying to kill her and being able to lean against her partner after dealing with all that.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

For all the folks that boo hoo'ed this film it is the 16th highest grossing film of 2013.
    SpringMaiden27 likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12