+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Bearcata
  • 2 Post By Bearcata

Thread: Ironman 3

Ironman 3

I think the best thing Marvel comics ever did was to set up Marvel Studios and make it's own movies out of its own characters. Yes Ironman 3 is good. I luv'ed Ironman and was totally surprised at how good Robert Downey Jr was at being Tony Stark. The sequel sucked of course and I had not planned to see 3 as sequelitis can do horrible things to a comicbook franchise.Word of mouth has been good so I took a chance. The movie is packed with lots and lots of dialog and has frantic pace that warrants a repeat visit to catch all the nuances missed watching it the first time. I did have several folks constantly up and down in my aisle and that was totally annoying. I do think this is a solid movie with a solid story behind it. The main villain "The Mandarin" is so reminiscent of Osama bin Laden and his video messages to the world that it is eery. That and all the bombings in the film may be a little hard too take considering it has only been several weeks since the Boston Marathon Bombings. The main hero is also portrayed with having a hard time recovering from his big adventure in New York and you see him dealing with a bit of post traumatic stress and anxiety attacks. It was interesting to see the credits give thanks to Joss Whedon, Jack Kirby, and several notable comic book writers. I also love reading the names of the folks responsible for making the movie. Who knew parents would name their kid "Polar Bear Shaw". I also know to stay to the very and and watch the extra scene. You won't really miss anything if you didn't stay to see it but it was a lot of fun and wrapped up the movie's story.

Rated PG13 and is 130 minutes long or 2 hours and 10 minutes.
    Hyper likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: Ironman 3

I just got back from seeing it for the second time. Saw it earlier this week one day by myself and went back with hubby. I had given it a 9; he gave it a 7.5. I think the difference in score is just because of how much I LUV RDJr in this role.

Did you recognize Killian? He was King Edward VIII in The King's Speech. Different characters for sure!

Re: Ironman 3

I luv'ed Ironman and it definitely was an A+ movie, hated Ironman 2, the story sucked and it suffered major sequelitis, lots more bang bang but no depth of story. Liked Ironman 3. It was so on track to what Ironman 2 should have been. Overall Robert Downey Jr owns this role.
    Hyper and AZChristian like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread