Oblivion (2013 film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Oblivion is a 2013 American science fiction film co-written, produced and directed by Joseph Kosinski and based on his unpublished graphic novel of the same name edited by Radical Comics.[6][7][8] It stars Tom Cruise, Olga Kurylenko, Andrea Riseborough, Morgan Freeman, Melissa Leo, ZoŽ Bell, and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau.[9][10] The film was initially scheduled for release on July 10, 2013. Since the 3D re-release of Jurassic Park was set for April 5, 2013, the US release date was moved forward to April 19, 2013.[11] According to Kosinski, Oblivion pays homage to science fiction films of the 1970s.
Runs 124 minutes or 2 hours and 5 min. Rated PG-13.

I liked it. It was smart, well paced, beautifully designed, would luv to have the bubble ship. It kept my interest. Toward the very end where a lot of the back story is revealed it felt as if the pacing slowed down a bit but altogether a very well done story and movie. I am not a bit Tom Cruise fan but must admit for 50 yr old man he looks great and is in great physical shape. I have thoroughly enjoyed his last three movies, the latest of the Mission Impossible franchise, Jack Reacher and Oblivion. He seems to pick good projects to do. There is final scene in the movie which his wife and daughter appear in and it is very chilling as I think he was filming this in Iceland during or around the time his former wife announced that she wanted a divorce and took their child with her.