+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A great film site

A great film site

I'll try this again since I put in in Music the first time around.

For anyone that loves movies, the history of the movies, Hollywood, the “film factories” or the people that make the celluloid dreams we watch, I thought I would share this website. Perhaps you already know it, but if not check it out. I guarantee hours & hours of good stuff.

And since we just got past OSCAR week, here is a bit if trivia that was posted in their 1933 breakdown of movie milestones.

Greatest Films - The Best Movies in Cinematic History

Disney's wildly-successful animated cartoon The Three Little Pigs (1933), the 36th Silly Symphony (and the seventh in Technicolor) was the first Disney cartoon fully conceived on detailed storyboards. When accepting the Academy Award for Best Short Subject (Cartoon) for the animation in 1934, Walt Disney was the first to refer to the gold statuette as an "Oscar" - it was the first time that the industry's pet name for the award was publicly acknowledged. The film's song: "Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf" became a popular hit song on the radio (it was the first time a cartoon had generated a hit song) - and was a popular theme song to help ward off the effects of the long-lasting Depression.

Re: A great film site

That us is one of my favorite film sits, razorback. I have it bookmarked and use it often.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread