+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 37 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree140Likes

Thread: Academy Awards 2013

Academy Awards 2013

They've started the red carpet show on E! already. The one on ABC starts in 15 minutes.

First up (when I'm watching at least) is Kerri Washington, who looks stunning....this is no surprise. She always looks amazing!

So, who are you rooting for tonight?

I bought my frozen pizza (budget's too tight to get delivery) and I'm looking forward to Seth MacFarland!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Re: Academy Awards 2013

I love that Sally Field tied Joseph Gordon Levitt's bow tie for him in the limo.

ETA: Jennifer Lawrence looks spectacular! I can't imagine any fashion commentators being able to find fault.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Robin Roberts on the red carpet for ABC

So far my favorite dresses both have art deco stitching - Brandy Chastain and Amy Adams. I've just started watching ABC and it was a surprise to see Robin, and standing. I thought, at least, they would have a chair for her.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I think you mean Jessica Chastain, Ariel

So far, I think Jennifer Lawrence is the best dressed. That dress is perfect on her.

Anne Hathaway's dress is good, but the necklace is all wrong. You don't wear a necklace like that with a dress that has a neckline that high. She should have just worn some long "statement" earrings and that's it.

God, all of these red carpet people - especially the ones on E! - are such sycophants. I know that's sort of a part of the job, but they're all taking it to a nauseating level.

The show has started! Seth MacFarlane! He made Tommy Lee Jones laugh! He's a success already!

Loved Channing Tatum and Charlize Theron dancing. I don't think a lot of people know she started out as a dancer.

I'll just say it. Daniel Radliffe should have been in The Hobbit.

First up, Best Supporting Actor.....

I'm guessing it's Tommy Lee Jones....wow, really good field of nominees this year!......

Christoph Waltz wins! I love him.

I see Travolta rolled out a new hairpiece especially for the Oscars.

Paul Rudd and Melissa McCarthy I love her, but she should shoot her stylist. If she's styling herself, she needs to stop! She's much prettier than this.
    NCLurker likes this.

I agree that Melissa should fire her stylist.

Her hair and makeup look beautiful, though.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 37 1234567891011 ... LastLast