+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2728293031323334353637
Like Tree140Likes

Thread: Academy Awards 2013

Re: Academy Awards 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Yes, and so has Glenn Close. Of course, Great Britain does seem to keep their older, talented, actors working steadily, both male and female. They work on stage, in film, and on tv. It's one of the reasons I'm a big fan of the British arts.
    I agree... I look at the series I was watching Call the Midwife, there are several older actresses who are vital to the show, especially Judy Parffitt.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Re: Academy Awards 2013

I had to revisit this thread in light of the previous topic that was discussed here of Melissa McCarthey's gown and hair at the 2013 Oscars. It was pretty bad and we talked about how someone who knew what they were doing could have done so much better.

Here's a link to the 2013 Oscar photo of Melissa:
    Melissa McCarthy The Fashion Court

Fast forward to last night when I saw stylist Cameron Silverman on Bravo's Dukes of Melrose. The episode showed how he styled Melissa for the 2012 Oscars. The way he talked about Melissa on air, to his partner, was disgraceful. He talked about how it was such an impossible thing to do and acted like he was doing her so a favor to bother with her. He acted like she was a charity case! He said he didn't know how to tell her no, so he asked what Jesus would do. (While he laughed.) I have never seen red like that before when watching a so-called professional diss a client, especially an Academy Award Nominee! He should be ashamed.

Apparently, he has gotten some flack from it, since he recently blogged about it trying to cover his butt. Too late. Even his partner thought he did a terrible job. The point is it was obvious he didn't care about Melissa. Here's a photo of the 2012 gown.
    http://www.contactmusic.com/news/osc...rpet_1297727On t

What I can't find out is if Silverman styled her THIS year for the Oscars or she got someone new. If anyone can find that information I would appreciate it.

I did discover that Melissa has education in fashion design. Silverman threw that in, as an attempt to say she should have known better than to wear that dress. Please. That guy is a piece of work. I really hope that show of his on Bravo does not do well, because of him. He's a real jerk, IMO. Who talks about a client like that just because she's plus size. UHHHHHH...........
    Last edited by Debb70; 03-14-2013 at 01:21 PM.

+ Reply to Thread