+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 262728293031323334353637 LastLast
Like Tree140Likes

Thread: Academy Awards 2013

Re: Academy Awards 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I'm sure Gwyneth Paltrow - who's only 40, btw - would be horrified to be called an "older actress."

All of the actresses you named have young children and they're more established. They're more able to pick and choose now. Frankly though, Meg Ryan hasn't done what I would consider good work in a very long time. She's not really in the same category as the Oscar nominees, young and old.
    LOL I was thinking the same thing, old? OMG. Debb glad you didn't say ancient

Paltrow is busy working out, as for work on film, I never thought her a great actress, or Ryan for that matter

Older actresses I do love: Dame Judy Dench , Maggie Smith and Helen Mirren . I hope they keep working until there is no more work
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    LOL I was thinking the same thing, old? OMG. Debb glad you didn't say ancient

Paltrow is busy working out, as for work on film, I never thought her a great actress, or Ryan for that matter

Older actresses I do love: Dame Judy Dench , Maggie Smith and Helen Mirren . I hope they keep working until there is no more work
    Those woman have been quite busy! Interesting thought, they are still working and have healthy careers, meanwhile some of the other women who have been botoxed and facelifted like crazy are not doing much. Maybe Hollywood wants women who look their age?
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Those woman have been quite busy! Interesting thought, they are still working and have healthy careers, meanwhile some of the other women who have been botoxed and facelifted like crazy are not doing much. Maybe Hollywood wants women who look their age?
    It would be nice if they did
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    It would be nice if they did
    I look at women like Judi Dench who is stunning at her age. Meryl Streep has continued her career in more mature roles instead of trying to turn back the hands of time by looking painfully plastic.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Academy Awards 2013

I look at women like Judi Dench who is stunning at her age. Meryl Streep has continued her career in more mature roles instead of trying to turn back the hands of time by looking painfully plastic.
    And speaking of painfully plastic ...lol, has anyone seen pics of Lara Flynn Boyle of Twin Peaks fame, lately? Ho-ly hell. That is all.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    And speaking of painfully plastic ...lol, has anyone seen pics of Lara Flynn Boyle of Twin Peaks fame, lately? Ho-ly hell. That is all.
    I had to look, Ugh!!!!!
    -Andy Rooney-

I think it's just as much the actresses as it is Hollywood. Their faces, & sometimes their bodies, are their fortunes. Every year that passes by there are more younger actresses up for the same roles. Actresses, as they age, feel they have to look as young as the competetion. It's as if they feel that facelifts, botox, over dieting, etc. will keep them young. NOT going to work. You're as old as you are. NO exceptions.

If you ever notice, movies tend to pair aging actors with girls young enough to be their daughters or granddaughters. It's creepy. For some reason Hollywood considers older men actors to be sexy & appealing, but women are just considered old & unappealing. Even the best of them just get "older woman" parts.

I'd hate to be in a profession where I'd have to be ashamed to age, as if it's something shameful you did deliberately. No wonder so many of them are screwed up.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Wow! Talk about a mess!

Yes, and so has Glenn Close. Of course, Great Britain does seem to keep their older, talented, actors working steadily, both male and female. They work on stage, in film, and on tv. It's one of the reasons I'm a big fan of the British arts.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Maggie Smith is another actress I admire
    Florimel and libgirl2 like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread