+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 25262728293031323334353637 LastLast
Like Tree140Likes

Thread: Academy Awards 2013

Re: Academy Awards 2013

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Me, either.

I was surfing and saw a cut-off pic with just her shoulders that made reference to her dress. My first thought was: "HER? WTH is SHE doing at the Oscars?". My second thought was: "Dress issue? Rut-roh!".

And, of course, I checked it out.

Obviously, she has no one around her that really cares enough about her to tell her the truth about what she looks like. A true friend or loved one would NEVER let someone they cared for/loved walk out the door and show themselves in public like that.
    She wouldn't care ness. She loves the attention , that's why she wore the dress that barely covered her breasts, and was slit up to there.
    ness likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I'm nearly positive the problem was with the dress. When I first saw her on TV, I thought it was her nipples and felt really sorry for her, especially after the unfortunate limo exit she had at one of the Les Mis premieres. But when she was being interviewed, I was looking and realized it was a REALLY bad design choice in the dress. Dior would have been blasted on Project Runway for that design decision!
    Hathaway was supposed to wear Valentino but she thought it looked too similar to Amanda Seyfried's McQueen dress so she switched to a Prada dress. I don't think the Prada dress was horrible just rather plain. And badly matched with the necklace. It kind of makes me sad to think of her practicing her speech to make her come off as more likeable.

Did anyone see the dress that Jennifer Lawrence wore to the after-parties? Now that was a gorgeous dress.
    Last edited by CCL; 02-26-2013 at 10:25 PM.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    She wouldn't care ness. She loves the attention , that's why she wore the dress that barely covered her breasts, and was slit up to there.
    True, FM.

Too, too true.

Barely covered her breasts, though?

Kinda looked to me like it almost barely covered her nipples!
    libgirl2 likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    It was really obvious that her speech was rehearsed. I used to like her, and I don't dislike her right now, but her whole demure, eyes cast down "It came true" Disney princess delivery was just too over the top sweet. A reporter asked her later what she meant when she said "It" came true. She cast her eyes downward, paused, sighed, paused some more, then said, "I had a dream." It was supposed to be this heartfelt, tender answer, but it sounded completely phony.
    The hilarious thing is that she is an actress who can't convince people she isn't a phony. yet she won an Oscar. Her speeches are too rehearsed as are the interviews I've seen. I never trust people who try to convince me that they are a certain way. Just because you say it over and over and over again does not mean I will believe you.

JLaw doesn't have a filter, nor take herself very seriously. She may be the "IT" girl right now, but she's gonna spew out something outrageous and people are gonna freak out. The tides may turn against her but if she is smart, she'll continue on as she has and not give a flying fig. Nor be apologetic. She also seems to realize that you can't please everyone, so take your chances and be yourself. Most will accept that.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

I have always gotten an odd vibe from Anne Hathaway. Even as an adult, she always seemed like the shy, misfit, in school who other children found as odd. She reminds of a unconfident girl who may have been picked on by her peers to the point that she just tries to say what she thinks others want to hear to be accepted. That's my take on her. Some people don't have interesting or charming personalities, so they try to make one up.
    Florimel likes this.

FORT Fogey

I read something this week that compared Anne Hathaway to a real-life Rachel Barry (from Glee). I had never thought of her in those terms, but when I read it, it clicked immediately. I can't say I dislike her. I've just never really been drawn to her. I think that she shows just how difficult it is to maintain celebrity status. She does have great talent. I would not put her in a category of "no one can do it but her" like I would Adele or Meryl Streep. But I also would not put her in a category of "she doens't have much talent, so she has to sell her personal life" like I would Jennifer Anniston. As an actress, she has to push that talent and promote herself. Truly, her business is promoting herself as a product. When she promotes her talent, she risks coming across as conceited. But if she backs off and doesn't push it, then she risks being passed over for other actresses. She has to navigate tough waters. She doesn't do it perfectly, but she does it well enough to keep on getting hired, and deserving to.
    Prism likes this.

Well thats it for Seth, he wont do the Oscars again. I wonder if it wasn't as easy as he thought? Anyway most of my friends really didn't like him
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Well thats it for Seth, he wont do the Oscars again. I wonder if it wasn't as easy as he thought? Anyway most of my friends really didn't like him
    So . . .

He's not gonna do the Oscars again, huh?

Fine by me.

He was the major reason I almost checked out before the first hour was even over.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Has anyone seen some of the older actresses around lately? I'm referring to those such as: Meg Ryan, Julia Roberts, Gwyneth Paltrow, etc. Have they been totally pushed out?

I'm sure Gwyneth Paltrow - who's only 40, btw - would be horrified to be called an "older actress."

All of the actresses you named have young children and they're more established. They're more able to pick and choose now. Frankly though, Meg Ryan hasn't done what I would consider good work in a very long time. She's not really in the same category as the Oscar nominees, young and old.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread