+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2425262728293031323334353637 LastLast
Like Tree140Likes

Thread: Academy Awards 2013

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Re: Academy Awards 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I didn't care for Hathaway's pink, nipple gown either. I have read that it was by Prada.
    Shame on Prada.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I'm probably the only one who didn't think it was that bad... after people like Cher and Bjork....
    libgirl, it's all good!

I think the only years Cher might've dressed what would've been considered as "normal" at the Oscars would've been in '83 and '84. She looked very pretty. But I also have to admit that I was kind of disappointed, too, because she looked "normal", like everybody else.

Other than that, the REST of the stuff Cher wore during the times she appeared at the Oscars? I never batted an eyelash, 'cause I figured Cher was Cher, and you either looked, or you didn't. 'Cause SHE sure didn't give a damn WHAT you or anybody else thought, either way! My FAVORITE, of course, was that outrageous, black, two-piece Mohawk headpiece outfit!

That was a CLASSIC Cher/Mackie combo!

And strange person that I am, I LOVED it!

Now, Bjork?

That sis STILL takes the cake for off-the-chain Oscar outfits, to me.

So, Anne's dress, to a lot of folks --- me included --- might not've been great . . .

But then again, it certainly wasn't the worst outfit EVER at the Oscars, either!

LOLOLOLOL!
    Florimel likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I'm probably the only one who didn't think it was that bad... after people like Cher and Bjork....
    It wasn't that bad. Did you see that awful slutty housewife ( Brandi something) now there is dress that was tacky and foul.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I just read that Anne Hathaway rehearsed her acceptance speech to be more likable. Apparently she's insecure about the way some of her other speeches have been criticized, and wanted people to like her more.
    It was really obvious that her speech was rehearsed. I used to like her, and I don't dislike her right now, but her whole demure, eyes cast down "It came true" Disney princess delivery was just too over the top sweet. A reporter asked her later what she meant when she said "It" came true. She cast her eyes downward, paused, sighed, paused some more, then said, "I had a dream." It was supposed to be this heartfelt, tender answer, but it sounded completely phony.
    bee stung lips likes this.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Wasn't Anne recently booed giving an acceptance speech in Britain or something? Apparently others have grown tired of her over the top, dramatic gushing at every turn.

Seriously, if there's one thing people hate, it's insincerity.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Wasn't Anne recently booed giving an acceptance speech in Britain or something? Apparently others have grown tired of her over the top, dramatic gushing at every turn.

Not that I heard I thought that awful thing Knightly may have been. Dunno- don't care- lets hope the movies are good this year as they were this time around
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    It wasn't that bad. Did you see that awful slutty housewife ( Brandi something) now there is dress that was tacky and foul.
    And nasty.

Let us not forget, NASTY.

And it was HER company ("Brandi B") that DESIGNED that "stripper from the waist up" monstrosity.

And I'm sorry if I was insulting to strippers.

I meant no harm.
    Last edited by ness; 02-26-2013 at 07:57 PM.
    bee stung lips likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post

Not sure about the being booed part, but in England at the BAFTAs, when she won, she was the Energizer Bunny of winners, from what I understand. She went on. And on. AND ON.

And no, from what I gathered, nobody BELIEVED her during THAT acceptance speech, either.

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    And nasty.

Let us not forget, NASTY.

And it was HER company ("Brandi B") that DESIGNED that "stripper from the waist up" monstrosity.

And I'm sorry if I was insulting to strippers.
    It was really really nasty. I am not sure why she was there.:oho
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    It was really really nasty. I am not sure why she was there.:oho
    Me, either.

I was surfing and saw a cut-off pic with just her shoulders that made reference to her dress. My first thought was: "HER? WTH is SHE doing at the Oscars?". My second thought was: "Dress issue? Rut-roh!".

And, of course, I checked it out.

Obviously, she has no one around her that really cares enough about her to tell her the truth about what she looks like. A true friend or loved one would NEVER let someone they cared for/loved walk out the door and show themselves in public like that.

+ Reply to Thread