+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 22232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast
Like Tree140Likes

Thread: Academy Awards 2013

Re: Academy Awards 2013

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I can only feel so much pity for Anne though. I mean this is probably the biggest night of your life and THAT is the dress you chose to wear? That thing was terrible and every time they interviewed her, all I could think was "you can see her nipples"!!
    Was it her nipples or was it the unfortunately placed darts on her dress? I am not sure if I am thinking of the right sewing term or not. Regardless, it certainly looked bad. She usually makes great fashion choices, but not on oscar night. I have mixed feelings on her win. I usually like her and she did a great job as Fantine, but I got really sick of her in her interviews. I was starting to root for one of the others to win.
    Debb70 likes this.

FORT Fogey

I'm nearly positive the problem was with the dress. When I first saw her on TV, I thought it was her nipples and felt really sorry for her, especially after the unfortunate limo exit she had at one of the Les Mis premieres. But when she was being interviewed, I was looking and realized it was a REALLY bad design choice in the dress. Dior would have been blasted on Project Runway for that design decision!
    Debb70 likes this.

I agree about Hathaway's gown. I saw last night that she was set to wear a different gown, but changed the last minute because someone else had one on similiar to hers.

I found that Rachel Zoe was the stylist for Hathaway, Jennifer Lawrence and Jennifer Garner. Remember her show from Bravo. I think it's getting ready to come back for another season.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I agree about Hathaway's gown. I saw last night that she was set to wear a different gown, but changed the last minute because someone else had one on similiar to hers.

I found that Rachel Zoe was the stylist for Hathaway, Jennifer Lawrence and Jennifer Garner. Remember her show from Bravo. I think it's getting ready to come back for another season.
    She liked the first dress., or the other dress better. But one of her cast mates from les Mis had one that was very much the same, good choice to change. I really really didn't like Garner's dress, even my husband remarked on how ugly it was.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I really liked Jennifer Garner's dress, and thought it was perfect for her "role" at the event. I've heard stylists say before that it's tricky to dress a woman who is a star attending an event to support her husband, like Jennifer was. They know eyes will be on them and need to look good, but are mindful to not overshadow the husband's moment. I thought the color of Jennifer's dress looked great on her, it was nice enough for the Oscars, but had more of a tone of the proud wife of the Best Picture winner instead of a grand nominee dress like Jennifer Lawrence.
    justCoz likes this.

I loved the color but it was too plain and then it had party at the back. Nope, love her, didn't like the dress
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I loved the color but it was too plain and then it had party at the back. Nope, love her, didn't like the dress
    It would have done better with a fuller skirt.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Anne's dress seriously looked like something that I as a seamstress could have made with eight dollar fabric from the remnant bin at my local fabric shop. It was a hot a$$ mess. The colour sucked, the fabric sucked and the style sucked. It looked like some tacky bridesmaid dress in a low budget wedding.

Seriously, people get so caught up in the name of the designer that the desire for good taste and style goes out the window. I couldn't care less if Dior designed that gown. Dior, shmior. It was a disaster. I'd rather wear a dress of a no name designer and looking smashing in it, than to wear something that ugly and have to gush all over the red carpet telling everyone it was designed by Dior in order to justify wearing it in the first place.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    It would have done better with a fuller skirt.
    I suppose it would of, but if my husband was up for Best Picture, I think I would have made more of an effort .One of the shows mentioned her hair, ,she looked like she rushed out without doing it.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I just read that Anne Hathaway rehearsed her acceptance speech to be more likable. Apparently she's insecure about the way some of her other speeches have been criticized, and wanted people to like her more. I wonder how long it will take her to realize that being genuine always comes across as likable. Working to hard to be liked is what makes a person ... well ... unlikable. I doubt Jennifer Lawrence rehearsed to set a tone for her speeches. THAT is why people love her!
    mushybrain likes this.

+ Reply to Thread