+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Identity Thief

FORT Fogey

Identity Thief

Saw this last night, and it was funny as expected. However, it was surprisingly heartwarming, as well. I needed a good laugh, and this was the perfect movie for that.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Identity Thief

I saw previews from this and was quite interested, in part because I like the female star so much. And it got a good review locally, saying much what you said, SpringMaiden27. If my driveway ever gets plowed (first my street has to get plowed) after our blizzard (I live in the benighted NE), it'll be on my list. If I can get my car out--looks like a snow drift at the moment.
    Last edited by PWS; 02-09-2013 at 11:02 PM.

Really enjoyed this. Very funny but have to agree that this was very heartwarming.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

We finally got to see this last night--parts were laugh out loud funny, slapstick humor, parts were really touching. If anything my Sig. Other enjoyed it more than I did. And just when the ending seemed to be going to be a bit sappy...whamo! FYI, probably not a film you want to take your little kids to, or see with your teens unless you have a very open relationship, in that there is a lot of sexual humor and implied behavior. A lot of physical violence as well.

Glad to see such positive reviews from all of you. I thought it looked like a fun movie from the previews & like both stars.
    It's gotted some very poor reviews, though. Sometimes I think movie reviewers just don't know what fun is. A lot of times movies that they give great reviews to, I find dreadfully booring or dreadfully violent.

I prefer reviews from real people who love movies. Like FORT people.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I rarely pay too much attention to critics. If they really knew as much as they think they know, they would all most mostly in agreement -- and that is rare. A film's worth is up to each viewer and is highly subjective, IMO
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread