+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Favorite movie star or genre and why.

Its on like Donkey Kong! DarKensoul7's Avatar
    Favorite genre would have to be of course Action/fantasy ... i just keep thinking about it over and over if it was a good movie like LOTR of Harry Potter or Xmen etc.

Favorite actor is Eric Bana (hector)!!!! hehe, and Johnny Depp

Favorite Actress is Drew Barrymore and Halle BErry
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

I don't really have a favorite genre, I watch everything.

My favorite actor is Kevin Spacey. As for actress, it's pretty obvious that it's Christina Ricci. I like Catherine Zeta Jones too.

Hey Eldee! I love Requiem for a Dream and Pi (one of my favorite movies)! I think Darren Aranofsky is brilliant.
    Ludicrous speed!

Quote Originally Posted by Lotuslander
    ......I like old Bette Davis movies, especially Mrs. Skeffington and Now, Voyageur, and Joan Croawford in MildredPierce ( I had two daughters, Vida and Kay) Vida your cheap and horrible get out, get out!,)

...why ask for the moon when we have the stars, or something like that. Oh, Vida, vida, vida. Great oldies never die, they just get better!

Barbara Stanwyck is great, probably the best of that generation, ....

Yes, I mentioned her awhile back. She can do comedy or be the femme fatale!

Maybe Trainspotting and High Art, both movies that have drugs as a central theme, Eldee, though I don't know if any of those movies could soley be termed druggie movies.
    Trainspotting was another one I enjoyed with Ewan.

Quote Originally Posted by charstar813
    I don't really have a favorite genre, I watch everything.

My favorite actor is Kevin Spacey. As for actress, it's pretty obvious that it's Christina Ricci. I like Catherine Zeta Jones too.

Hey Eldee! I love Requiem for a Dream and Pi (one of my favorite movies)! I think Darren Aranofsky is brilliant.
    I think the first Kevin Spacey movie I saw was Consenting Adults. Glenn Gary Glenn Ross was also very good. You probably also saw Swimming with Sharks, American Beauty and Seven.

I think Darren Aranofsky did about one or two student films but, I don't know if they are out for circulation.

Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    I agree about Gary Oldman. I wasn't crazy about Lost in Space, but he was the best one there. Good in Dracula and some movie when he was younger about a guy who was writing a book about the Beatles (maybe you know the name). The Professional was my favorite of him! It kind of makes you rethink who would be listening to classical music.
    Immortal Beloved where Gary Oldman plays Beethoven is my favorite movie of his. Very powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey00
    I'm a big Edward Norton fan, ever since Primal Fear. He was also amazing in American History X. He even made Death to Smoochy tolerable!
    Edward Norton is one of my favortie actors. In Fight Club, he made me forget that Brad Pitt was even there.

Quote Originally Posted by WomynLee
    Edward Norton is one of my favortie actors. In Fight Club, he made me forget that Brad Pitt was even there.
    Yes! I really enjoy an actor who can be believable in such contrasting roles.

I agree, Eldee

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey00
    I'm a big Edward Norton fan, ever since Primal Fear. He was also amazing in American History X. He even made Death to Smoochy tolerable!
    Primal Fear is my favourite movie! Not a lot of people have watched it though. I loved that movie, and Edward Norton as well.
    “In Rrrussia, vee have proverb: Only bad soliders don’t vant to be general.” Sasha Pivovarova

Quote Originally Posted by raindance
    I agree, Eldee

Primal Fear is my favourite movie! Not a lot of people have watched it though. I loved that movie, and Edward Norton as well.
    In both Primal Fear and Fight Club, his character and great portrayal had me fooled!

Nicole Kidman is probably my favorite actress. I loved To Die For, I loved Moulin Rouge, The Others, The Hours.. In those last 3 movies, she played TOTALLY different characters and totally different genres, and was brilliant in all of them. She has really come into her own these past few years, since the break-up with Tom. I really liked Birthday Girl and The Human Stain as well.. I'm looking forward to see what she does next. (Stepford Wives looks really good)

Julianne Moore.. She's another excellent actress. She really grabbed my attention back in The Hand That Rocks The Cradle.. and then again when I saw Boogie Nights. Since then, she's done a few movies I wasn't thrilled with (Psycho, Hannibal, Laws of Attraction..), but the majority of her work has been really phenomenal. The Hours and Far From Heaven especially. I thought she should have actually beaten out Nicole (Nicole should have won for Moulin Rouge the year before.. not Halle Berry.. ) that year for her role in Far From Heaven.

Cate Blanchett is another actress I totally love. Even in small roles like in The Talented Mr. Ripley, or in LOTR as Galadriel, she was probably one of my favorite parts of that movie. Elizabeth was AWESOME.. Cate should have won the Oscar.. not Gwenyth Paltrow.. I loved The Gift as well.. she has a lot of really good movies..

As for men. I love Edward Norton. I have no idea what his deal is lately. He was making really great movies.. and then all of a sudden he did Death to Smoochy (?!?!?!) and Keeping the Faith. I hope to see him in something good soon. The Italian Job was enjoyable.. but not up to his caliber. I really loved American History X and Fight Club, and Primal Fear.. He is another person that should have won an Oscar, but hasn't yet.. he has so many great roles/performances, that I'm shocked he hasn't won yet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast