+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 62

Thread: Favorite movie star or genre and why.

  1. #31
    FORT Fogey eldee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    7,545
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddio
    That is a good one. Some other great Courtroom Dramas;

    * 12 Angry Men (doesnt actually take place in the courtroom but the jury rooms counts just as well)
    * A Few Good Men
    * Class Action
    * My Cousin Vinny
    * Suspect
    * Judgement at Nurrenberg
    * The Verdict
    * Philadelphia
    also: To Kill a Mockingbird, A Few Good Men, Witness for the Prosecution, something with Kirk Douglas and a officer's wife? A Town Without Pity (not a favorite)

    12 Angry Men is excellent. They took their time in playing that one out and showing the individual characters.

  2. #32
    FORT Newbie Spidey00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    38
    I'm a big Edward Norton fan, ever since Primal Fear. He was also amazing in American History X. He even made Death to Smoochy tolerable!

    He and Robert DeNiro are the two actors that will get me to see a movie just by being in it.

  3. #33
    FORT Fogey eldee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    7,545
    Spidey00, he is an excellent actor. Did you see Fight Club?

  4. #34
    Glad 4 Vlad! :) Tigrazhia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Good ole I.E, Southern California.
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,521
    My favorite actor that I admire the most, purely because of his talent is Johnny Depp (although he's good looking too of course)

    Every movie he's in, he handles his characters with such grace & is usually very belivable in whatever parts he plays, & I just love him.

    The first movie I really noticed him in was "What's eating Gilbert Grape", a movie I absolutely love. Others of my favorite Johnny Depp movies include "Chocolat", "Pirates of the Caribbean" (he was damn good in that...) & "Once upon a time in Mexico" .... :-)

    (I never did watch 21 Jump Street, altho it's got Johnny I dont think I missed much.... hehe

    Other actors I admire (for their ACTING not their looks...altho most of these are good looking as well):

    Christopher Plummer
    Robert DeNiro
    Alan Rickman
    Tom Hanks
    George Clooney
    Viggo Mortensen (Of course!!!!! )
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

  5. #35
    FORT Fogey eldee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    7,545
    Wyndemere, have you ever watched Before Night Falls? He has two small roles which are quite different from any regular fair.

  6. #36
    Very Proud Grandpa! LoneStarSpur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas, USA
    Age
    60
    Posts
    590
    Without a doubt Mel Gibson has made more movies that I love than anyone else.

    Braveheart....my 'best movie ever'.

    -Randy

  7. #37
    Glad 4 Vlad! :) Tigrazhia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Good ole I.E, Southern California.
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,521
    Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    Wyndemere, have you ever watched Before Night Falls? He has two small roles which are quite different from any regular fair.
    No I havent seen that one, but thank you for the tips :-) I'll definitely check it out, maybe if I'm lucky they'll play it on hbo or something :-) (I like "quite different from any regular fair" kinda roles.... :-)) hehe )
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

  8. #38
    Resurrected chirospasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    I'm baaaa-aack!
    Posts
    1,044
    I was actually shocked when I guzzlefished my DVDs and Bruce Willis came up as my number one actor! I mean, I like him and all, but he's not my favorite actor!

    My favorite is Cate Blanchett, without a doubt. She's just stunning. Love her!

    She's followed extremely closely (as in photo-finish) by Jodie Foster. Fantastic actress.

    My favorite genre is probably classics. I'm a sucker for an old Lauren Bacall film! The dialogue in old movies is just so much better than what comes out these days.

    Nowadays I pretty much watch thriller/suspense.
    If God is a DJ--life is a dance floor
    Click here to team up with FansOfRealityTV to help fight cancer!
    Watashi wa, sekai wo kaeru.

  9. #39
    FORT Fogey Silverstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    1,776
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyndemere
    My favorite actor that I admire the most, purely because of his talent is Johnny Depp (although he's good looking too of course)

    Every movie he's in, he handles his characters with such grace & is usually very belivable in whatever parts he plays, & I just love him.

    The first movie I really noticed him in was "What's eating Gilbert Grape", a movie I absolutely love. Others of my favorite Johnny Depp movies include "Chocolat", "Pirates of the Caribbean" (he was damn good in that...) & "Once upon a time in Mexico" .... :-)
    I just had to quote all of this because it's exactly what I wanted to say.
    What's eating Gilbert Grape is definitely one of my favorite movies too.
    He has such an amazing presence on screen. Terrific!

    I also love Christian Bale, he has a really mysterious/freaky vibe about him, I want to see more of his work
    I also have a huge respect for Jim Carrey, for his ability to make everything so funny. I'm not so sure about his dramatic performances, I haven't seen any of his movies that he wasn't acting like a goofball so I can't give an informed opinion on that.

    On a totally shallow note, I always enjoy seeing anything Ryan Phillippe is acting in
    Loved Cruel Intentions & Gosford Park

  10. #40
    FORT Fogey eldee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    7,545
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverstar
    .........I also have a huge respect for Jim Carrey, for his ability to make everything so funny. I'm not so sure about his dramatic performances, I haven't seen any of his movies that he wasn't acting like a goofball so I can't give an informed opinion on that.......

    Silverstar, Jim Carrey did an excellent job with a serious role on Doing Time on Maple Drive. That was a movie made for TV and they sometimes show it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.