+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Favorite movie star or genre and why.

Jude Law belongs with us! We'll split up time with him equally and do rock, scissors, paper for the extra day. Just don't get me started on him!!!!

I agree with you oneTVslave and eldee, besides being a good actor, he DEFINITELY belongs in the hot men thread. Yow.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

My favorite actors are Sarah Michelle Gellar and Alyson Hannigan...big surprise, huh? :slobber I love their movies and their now-ended TV series.

Mdiro9, did you like her in Cruel Intensions?

Cruel Intentions!! SMG was awesome in that movie! It's actually one of my favorite movies of all time. It's so tricky, messed-up, and funny (in a dark humorous way).

I actually rented a movie called Rip It Off. It has Alyson Hannigan and Alexis Denisoff (her fiancee) in it. I haven't heard of it other than when I saw it in Blockbuster though.

Another diversified actor is the recently honored by AFI--Robert DeNiro. He is equally convincing in any role he plays.

I like movies like Requiem for a Dream, Pi, and Run, Lola, Run. I'm not sure what category they fall under. Are they new/nu wave or independent films?

FORT Fogey
    Actors: I like people who have been strong throughout their career and allowed the charecters they play to age as they themselves age, Jack Nicholson, Clint Eastwood, Sean Connery. I would watch any movie any of them are in (esp Clint and Jack) even if it wasnt a great film.

Actresses: I like some of the lesser known actresses who I think always give top-notch performances. Mary Steenburgen, Mare Winningham, Amy Madigan. I also like Sigourney Weaver because I think she is so versatile. She can play comedy, horror, action, suspense, romance. You name it.

Genres: I love Flm Noir, Courtroom Dramas, Medical Dramas, Horror (good traditional horror, not modern blood & guts horror), Suspense, Period Pieces and War Epics.

Daddio, that's a lot of different types of movies that you like.

RE: courtroom drama, To Kill A Mocking Bird is always a favorite. I started to list more, but less put that up for the Movie Game.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    RE: courtroom drama, To Kill A Mocking Bird is always a favorite. I started to list more, but less put that up for the Movie Game.
    That is a good one. Some other great Courtroom Dramas;

* 12 Angry Men (doesnt actually take place in the courtroom but the jury rooms counts just as well)
    * A Few Good Men
    * Class Action
    * My Cousin Vinny
    * Suspect
    * Judgement at Nurrenberg
    * The Verdict
    * Philadelphia

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast