+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Bearcata
  • 1 Post By razorbacker

Thread: Django Unchained (2012)

Django Unchained (2012)

Django Unchained - Rotten Tomatoes

Set in the South two years before the Civil War, Django Unchained stars Jamie Foxx as Django, a slave whose brutal history with his former owners lands him face-to-face with German-born bounty hunter Dr. King Schultz (Christoph Waltz). Schultz is on the trail of the murderous Brittle brothers, and only Django can lead him to his bounty. Honing vital hunting skills, Django remains focused on one goal: finding and rescuing Broomhilda (Kerry Washington), the wife he lost to the slave trade
    Rated R and 2 hours and 46 minutes long with 15 to 20 minutes of commercials/trailers it is 3 hours long.

I liked it. It was stylish, had a story and incredibly bloody especially the last half hour. Lots of swearing mostly the word "motherf**ker". Also for the politically incorrect N word is dropped a lot. I do think it was a tad long and could have been 10 to 15 minutes shorter without changing the overall story at all. Oh, a shot of a male penis also in the last 40 minutes or so. At first I wasn't quite sure what it was because of the angle of the shot but you get the drift after a while.

Standout performances by Christopher Waltz as Dr. King Schultz, Leonardo DiCaprio as Calvin Candie. Samuel Jackson as Stephen also get a nod as a totally evil, creepy house servant.

Oh, Quentin Tarantino never met a blood bag that he didn't like to explode.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 01-20-2013 at 01:42 AM.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Re: Django Unchained (2012)

I saw this today and really enjoyed it, now I want to see Inglorious Basterds, I feel that if I could get thru this in the theater, I can do IB on dvd

I have to say, the last 45 minutes was pretty intense, let's just say, I thought the part with Jamie Foxx and Samuel L. Jackson in the stable room in the end was going to be the end. Glad it wasn't.

I thought Leo was very very good, along with Waltz, I do believe Leo got robbed this time with no oscar nomination.

Overall, I give it a solid "A"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Oscar for best screen play and supporting actor.

Tarantino is just to violent & bloody for me.
    Florimel likes this.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Loved, loved, loved Django! Awesome movie, and actually one of the only Quentin Tarantino movies I thoroughly enjoyed. Hated Reservoir Dogs, hated Pulp Fiction, but loved Django. Leonardo Dicaprio definitely gave one of his best performances ever as did Christoph Waltz and Sam Jackson. I was also tickled pink that Don Johnson made an appearance in this. The scene with him and the Klansman on the horses arguing that they couldn't see out of the bags they were wearing on their heads literally had me in tears.

I enjoyed the movie because it had a little of everything serious drama, violence, comedy, romance.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

I really liked it, too. My only problem was that Samuel L. Jackson seemed to be doing an imitation of Louis Gossett, Jr., in "Roots."

Everything else was really good. I don't usually like violent movies, but I liked Django.

+ Reply to Thread