+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Finding Nemo - 05/30

Finding Nemo - 05/30

[IMG]images/img/nemo.jpg[/IMG]
    from Hollywood.com
    Finding Nemo (2003)

Synopsis: Life along the Great Barrier Reef is full of dangers when you are a tiny clown fish. And for Marlin, a single parent determined to protect his only son Nemo, there are constant fears and anxieties. When, on his first day of school, Nemo defies his father and swims off alone to investigate a boat, he is suddenly scooped up by a diver as Marlin helplessly watches. Marlin turns desperate as he frantically swims off in search for his son. As he passes a school of fish he bumps into Dory, an agreeable blue tang with severe short-term memory loss, who offers to help. Together this aquatic odd couple set out on an impossible mission, finding themselves in troubled waters and contending with such hazards as sharks, deadly angler fishes and a forest of jellyfish. Meanwhile, in a dentist's office overlooking Sydney Harbor, Nemo has landed in a fish tank that is home to a colorful group of characters who want to initiate him into their gang. When word of Marlin and Dory's ocean adventures gets back to Nemo, he is so thrilled to learn of his father's search for him that he becomes motivated to move forward with a daring escape plan of his own.

Statistics
    Genre(s): Adventure, Animated, Family Rating: MPAA G Runtime: Not available

Cast & Role
    Albert Brooks - Voice of Marlin the Clownfish
    Ellen DeGeneres - Voice of Dory
    Alexander Gould - Voice of Nemo the Clownfish
    Willem Dafoe - Voice of Gill
    Brad Garrett - Voice of Bloat
    Allison Janney - Voice of Peach the Starfish
    Austin Pendleton - Voice of Gurgle
    Stephen Root - Voice of Bubbles

Crew & Credit
    Andrew Stanton - Director
    Lee Unkrich - Director

The animation for this movie is beautiful. It's amazing how far along animation has come. The previews are pretty funny. I'll be taking my niece to see this movie.

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    This looks really cute. I'm planning on taking my grandkids when it comes out.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

My daughter can't wait for this movie to come out, but then again neither can I.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I'm a sucker for animated movies, even though I don't have kids. I'll rent it.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Nemo? Nemo? he was just here, I think he just stepped out to the use the little fishes room.

I am so excited, I'm definitely going to catch this movie. The clownfish is too cute
    “In Rrrussia, vee have proverb: Only bad soliders don’t vant to be general.” Sasha Pivovarova

I saw it today. It was pretty good. The ocean scenes were beautiful. Ellen Degeneres was the best part of the movie. She provided pretty much all of the humor. It got to be a little long, though. They went through dangerous situation after dangerous situation and after the first half dozen you wish they'd just reunite them already. Good movie, though. All the kids in the audience were captivated, which was great since there were so many of them and it could have easily been an awful experience if they were to start getting antsy..
    "You better shut your mouth when you're talkin' to me!"

I decided to go next week, just because I thought it would be chaotic with a lot of "bratty" kids in the theatre. Good to hear that most kids were mesmerized with the movie.

I went with my nieces and nephew - aged 4, 3 and 18 months. They were all quite captivated with it - the 18 month old fell asleep, though.

I loved it. It was funny, touching, and the animation was absolutely beautiful.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast