+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Finding Nemo - 05/30

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    I took my grandkids to see it this afternoon to a little theater close to us. We were there an hour before the movie started and were waiting in line when we were told that they were sold out. I decided to go ahead and get tickets for the next show, so we stayed in line. The gods must have been smiling on me today because the theater owner came out and asked if there was a group of three in line because he had three seats left that were together. So we got in and the kids absolutely loved it. It was fun to watch with children, but I would go to see it again on my own. My grandson didn't want me to tell his Mom that he's seen it so he could go again. I'd say it passed the test.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

FORT Fogey
    we really liked this, it has some great adult humor too! Very sweet and would love to own it when it comes out!

I went with hubby and the kids this weekend. We will certainly own this one when it comes out on DVD. Everyone loved it.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Went to see it today. Loved it. The way the creators make you care for the fish, and make the underwater locales substantial is amazing. Though when first hearing that the movie would be all underwater, I thought it would be a little thin visually, but it's really rich. Sydney lookd real good! The usual Pixar "over the kids' head" adult humor is there and it's also really good. I recommend it for everyone young and old!
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

I just saw it. It was great. Reallfy cute and funny. Good family movie methinks. Go catch it!

I saw it yesterday with my niece and nephew. It was great! They both really loved it. I loved Ellen Degeneres (?sp) character, Dory. She was so funny, and the "whale talk" was hysterical. The turtles were pretty fun, too. They reminded me of Robb (S5).

Definitely a must see for kids, and kids at heart.

Ok I'm all set to watch it on tomorrow. I even bought the clownfish toy thingy. I'm glad everyone gave thumbs up for this movie.
    “In Rrrussia, vee have proverb: Only bad soliders don’t vant to be general.” Sasha Pivovarova

Great fantastic, very very heartwarming and funny movie. I'll be definitely getting it on DVD!
    “In Rrrussia, vee have proverb: Only bad soliders don’t vant to be general.” Sasha Pivovarova

Nevermind the kids... I was captivated!

I thought this film was an amazing achievement. The theme is very basic and easy to comprehend, perhaps too basic for some adults... but all you have to do is have a heart to enjoy this film.

Brilliant.

Some scenes may be quite frightening for smaller children though...
    ~M o s a i K~

My daughter was invited to a birthday party over the weekend that included a trip to Silver City to see Nemo. I went along to keep the peace LOL. I was enthralled! The visuals were jawdropping, the storyline flowed... and like all Disney movies this one had a moral too. I love the "over the kids head adult humour" I was killing myself laughing at the "whale talk" , the "Shark 12 step program" and the mountain in the aquarium "Wannahawkaloogie" LOL that still makes me laugh!!
    My daughter is 3, all of the kids in the party were 3 or 4 and there were quite a few frightening scenes that had them jumping out of their seats (the barracuda)(the ugly fish with the light). The Sea Turtles were SOO Keanu Reeves lmao. I think we will buy this when it comes out and save it for a year or so... until some things just dont seem quite as scary
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast