+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Cloud Atlas

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Cloud Atlas

Worst. Movie. Ever.

We rated the first 30 minutes as a 0. We didn't bother wasting the next 140 minutes of our lives to watch the rest of it.

Sorry. It was just bad.

(I know, I need to come out of my shell and start saying what I REALLY think about things.)

Re: Cloud Atlas

Funny, 'cause I thought it was the BEST movie ever. Of course, I've read the book twice, so knew all the storylines. Can't wait to see it again.
    Last edited by Gutmutter; 10-28-2012 at 08:17 PM.
    Count your blessings!

People seem to fall into two camps. I respect those who loved it . . . I really tried to. I hadn't read the book, but had read up on the plot(s) in anticipation of enjoying it. It just never happened.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I liked parts. The "current day" stuff with Jim Broadbent ('cause I love him & his googly eyes) breaking out of the old age home. If it were a farce, that'd have been aces. I also liked the 1930s and 1970s parts. The rest was rubbish, especially the super future stuff. That dialog/dialect was super bothersome. The 1800s stuff was bad and boring. Overall, it was a mixed bag, but I'd watch Broadbent bust out of anything daily.

Seems like it was another great book but making a film out of it seemed like a big bust. Sorta reminds me of Clan of the Cave Bear. Big best seller but the movie sucked beyond belief.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I made a comment on an IMDB discussion board, agreeing with someone who didn't like the movie. I was promptly called a troll! That hurt. I'm short, but not THAT short!

(And my comment was not "trollish"; apparently some people's definition of troll is, "someone whose opinion does not agree with mine.")

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I made a comment on an IMDB discussion board, agreeing with someone who didn't like the movie. I was promptly called a troll! That hurt. I'm short, but not THAT short!

(And my comment was not "trollish"; apparently some people's definition of troll is, "someone whose opinion does not agree with mine.")
    That's what I luv about this website we don't slam folks we don't agree with. Love you FORT.
    AZChristian likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I liked parts of it, but the tone/mood was so disjointed, it worked against the movie. The story line with Jim Broadbent trying to bust out of the nursing home was fun, but that seemed like a completely different movie than the rest of the stories. Actually, I'd see a whole movie of just that story line. The worst part was the super-future segment--that dialect was beyond annoying and the devil leprechaun hallucination made no sense whatsoever. The trailers seemed to make out the piece of music written and "remembered" by everyone as more of a plot point; it got burried in the 3 hours.

I'm going to see it a second time tomorrow. So excited. The book was written in all different genres (diary, letters, etc.) so it makes sense that the movie has different tones for different storylines. I agree with Bearcata about how horrible it was when Clan of the Cave Bears was made into a movie, but don't feel the same about this one.
    Count your blessings!

Thumbs up to those who enjoyed it. And thanks for not thinking me stupid because I didn't get it. I wish I had. I was really looking forward to it. But my brain just doesn't work that way.

:-(

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast