+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Reacher novels starring Tom Cruise!

Re: Reacher novels starring Tom Cruise!

I really don't care about his personal life or his beliefs, but I've never liked him as an actor or found him particularly attractive as a man. He has given a few good performances, but his name is never enough to induce me to see a film.

I haven't read the Reacher novels, but I do have the package of the first six wait listed on my digital public library account.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I'm willing to bet you'll finish them and be saying, What? Tom C.? What was he thinking to cast himself as Reacher! Hope you enjoy them. In the later ones he's left the military and just lives off his savings, roaming around the US, really seeing it for the first time after all that time overseas.

Fort Member

I saw an ad for this today (we are a little behind here) and I was shocked I always pictured Reacher as rough and hard not exactly good looking but definately not TC he just does not match the picture I have in my head of the tall brooding loner that Jack is
    There must have been a more suitable actor available, surely?

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Reacher should have been played by Tom Selleck starting 20 or so years ago...that would have been a great series...

Not a fan of Tom Cruise but I don't hate him either. Have not read the Lee Child's novels either. Saw the movie last night not bad action thriller. Liked the humour and lack of gratuitous sex. Tom Cruise handled the action scenes well and from the way they filmed it you never got the impression he was short. A solid B-.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Not a fan of Tom Cruise but I don't hate him either. Have not read the Lee Child's novels either. Saw the movie last night not bad action thriller. Liked the humour and lack of gratuitous sex. Tom Cruise handled the action scenes well and from the way they filmed it you never got the impression he was short. A solid B-.
    Yes we saw it as well. I haven't read the books, but hubby has. He was disappointed that it was Cruise. But we enjoyed the movie
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123