+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Pitch Perfect

Pitch Perfect

Pitch Perfect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pitch Perfect is an 2012 musical comedy film directed by Jason Moore.[3] The screenplay was written by Kay Cannon, loosely adapted from the book of the same name by Mickey Rapkin.[4] The film was released on September 28, 2012 to moderate box office success and positive reviews.
    Pitch Perfect - Rotten Tomatoes

Beca (Anna Kendrick) is that girl who'd rather listen to what's coming out of her headphones than what's coming out of you. Arriving at her new college, she finds herself not right for any clique but somehow is muscled into one that she never would have picked on her own: alongside mean girls, sweet girls and weird girls whose only thing in common is how good they sound when they sing together, in the new out-loud comedy Pitch Perfect. When Beca takes this acoustic singing group out of their world of traditional arrangements and perfect harmonies into all-new mash-ups, they fight to climb their way to the top of the cutthroat world of college a cappella. This could wind up either the coolest thing they'll ever do or the most insane, and it will probably be a little of both. -- (C) Universal
    Yes is it a bit formulaic, but it is a lot of fun.The dialog between the two moderators is hysterical as is Rebel Wilson who plays "Fat Amy". The arrangement of the songs is very good and finger snapping and you don't realize that all the music is produced by mouth and no instruments. If you want to feel good go see this movie.

My main pet peeve about movies about college life is that they always have the kids in these great dorm rooms. All the dorms I ever saw were made of cinder blocks and quite small. Also they make it out that all the kids are out having one big giant party in the dorm halls and quads. Yeah, I wish.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Re: Pitch Perfect

I saw it on opening night - we loved it. Lots of laughs and almost Glee meets Bring It On. Definitely a Feel Good movie for sure. Fat Amy was the best!

Elizabeth Banks as the moderator was terrific. At first I that it was Chelsey Handler from the late night talk show Chelsey Lately. They look alike and Elizabeth said some absolutely horrible things about the acappella groups and her partner and yet did it with great comic timing and prefect lady like poise that it was almost a half beat later before you realize what she said.

I had to most fun watching this movie. Not only did it have great singing and laughs, the songs and mixes were excellent too. If you watched the show The Sing-Off, you will like this movie. Even if you didn't watch the The Sing-Off, you should like it. Loved it so much, I saw it six times. Rebel Wilson as Fat Amy steals the show.

I jut saw this tonight and thought it was absolutely hysterical! Fat Amy was great, and the quiet Asian girl had me absolutely rolling...."I ate my twin in the womb"...."I set fires to pleasure myself" Hmmm. Maybe you have to see those in context The music and performance scenes were really fun, and I loved the big shout out to "The Breakfast Club." i definitely recommend this one.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Yup, the Asian girl got a lot of big laughs, after the Fat Amy character. I think she says, "I set fires to feel joy." Some of her lines were hard to hear. There's one line that sounds like she said turnip, but I still can't understand even after seeing the movie 6 times.

Totally agree about the Asian Girl. I wish they had subtitles on the screen when she said her lines. It took me a while to get how to listen to her so I missed a lot of what she said. I did get the "I ate my twin in the womb" through. Wish I had heard them all.

I absolutely adored this movie! I haven't had such a great time with a movie in so very long. It had a great mix of everything. The entire theatre was laughing and having just a great time. It's a movie I would go out and buy the dvd for.
    AmyKay and Katydyd like this.

Quote Originally Posted by BerryCrazy View Post
    Yup, the Asian girl got a lot of big laughs, after the Fat Amy character. I think she says, "I set fires to feel joy." Some of her lines were hard to hear. There's one line that sounds like she said turnip, but I still can't understand even after seeing the movie 6 times.
    As you've seen Pitch 5 more times than I, I'm going to trust your memory on this Berry I'll have to watch again to see if I can catch the turnip line. This is one movie definitely worth purchasing!!
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

I just watched it and OMG....so funny! "I've been shot!"

Fat Amy's name

Click to see Spoiler:
    is not Fat Amy but Fat Patricia? Fat Patty?
    Katydyd likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast