+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mesachick

Thread: Batman: The Dark Knight Rises--the film, not the shootings

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Batman: The Dark Knight Rises--the film, not the shootings

This got terrific reviews before the horrific shooting. I feel for the actors (obviously not as much as for the families and victims, but trying to stay focused on the film), some of whom may have done Oscar nominee worthy jobs, to have their work forever associated with the killings.

Re: Batman: The Dark Knight Rises--the film, not the shootings

Saw this yesterday... I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous in the movie theater. We went to the first showing of the day yesterday and I found myself jumpy. But the movie itself was fantastic. Maybe the best of the three but in a different way. I found myself several times with my mouth open just in shock with some of the twist and turns of the plot.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I saw it this morning and liked it better than I thought I would. Bane's voice was just downright silly, but I got used to it. I liked the big twist at the end--I totally didn't see that coming! Like the last one (and maybe the first one, just don't remember it being an issue then), there were too long speeches, but that's kind of a Nolan thing. The theater was pretty packed, which is unusual for even blockbusters on the early Sunday showing. We were thinking maybe people felt safer going in the bright light of day.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I read that there was some kind of hint of a next film, even though this director is done. Was that after the credits or something that just happens near the end of the actual movie?

Christopher Nolan was pretty definite that this was the end of this particular franchise. That being the "Dark Knight Trilogy". I am sure in a couple of years someone will reboot Batman. There are plenty of graphic novels around so I am sure someone out there will do it.

How did Anne Hathaway do as the Cat Woman? Michelle Pfeiffer did such a fabulous job as the Cat Woman that I just have a very hard time picturing an actress best know for the Princess Diaries playing her. I just can't see Anne Hathaway in the same company as Julie Newmar and Eartha Kitt.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 07-23-2012 at 02:50 AM.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

Saw it this weekend, loved it, and want to see it again. I too was a bit jumpy when THE SCENE started, and could see how folks didn't realize what was happening was real. Saw the movie at Arclight, and they always have someone introduce the film. During that introduction, he spoke about the security and safety of the patrons. Anne's Catwoman was good, she clearly loved playing the role. The ending is setup for "Robin" to continue the work in Gotham City.

I really liked it, but then again, I am a huge Bale fan
    Last edited by SpringMaiden27; 07-23-2012 at 03:40 AM.

I love love love love Christian Bale. I have since Empire of the Sun.

I also love that he went to Aurora, CO to spend time with the victims of that horrible, insane shooting incident.
    cantstopwatchin likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

We saw this last night and I really liked it. There was so much to it and I thought it was all well done. I liked Anne Hathaway as Catwoman and think her 'sexy' was much more understated than Michelle's was. I think I'd like to see a Robin movie. He was certainly shown to have the heart and integrity for it. I admit, as THE scene started, I got goosebumps imagining what happened.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

+ Reply to Thread