+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Brave

Brave

Brave - Rotten Tomatoes

Merida is a skilled archer and impetuous daughter of King Fergus (Billy Connolly) and Queen Elinor (Emma Thompson). Determined to carve her own path in life, Merida defies an age-old custom sacred to the uproarious lords of the land: massive Lord MacGuffin (Kevin McKidd), surly Lord Macintosh (Craig Ferguson) and cantankerous Lord Dingwall (Robbie Coltrane). Merida's actions inadvertently unleash chaos and fury in the kingdom, and when she turns to an eccentric old Witch (Julie Walters) for help, she is granted an ill-fated wish. The ensuing peril forces Merida to discover the meaning of true bravery in order to undo a beastly curse before it's too late. -- (C) Disney
    It was fun and unexpected. The graphics, animation, set design and character design were wonderful. I was expecting the typical teenage princess, coming of age movie, with of course her breaking the curse that the prince was under. In one way it is exactly that type of movie but with a big twist which I won't spoil. There is an extra scene at the very end of the credits and of course Pixar also provided a short at the beginning called La Luna.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Brave

Always like to know it is worth sitting through the credits--thanks! ALthough their credits are often amusing in and of themselves.

Just checked Box Office Mojo and Brave was the number one movie its opening week. Cool.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

It was a cute movie and I thoroughly enjoyed hearing the Scottish accents, but . . . . I thought it should have been longer.

One minute Merida is getting her first bow and the next, she's old enough to be married off. Now I know they got married at a young age back then, but sheesh!!

Teary-eyed moments at the end.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I saw this over the weekend with my 7 year old daughter and found it thoroughly enjoyable! I love a movie with a spunky, independent female lead rather than a "traditional" princess. I also liked the non-traditional path that the story took. My daughter isn't usually too fearful in movies, but she was a little worried during the bear scene near the end. It might have been partly due to the fact that we saw it on the largest screen at our theater and that may have made it a bit more overwhelming.

I think the best part of the movie is the re bonding between mother and daughter.

+ Reply to Thread