+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter

Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter

It was a fun summer movie. In one sense it felt like two movies the young Abe growing up and learning to be a Vampire Hunter and then as President. There seemed to be a disconnect between the two parts of the movie and it took a while to get back into the flow of the movie. Liked seeing how the author integrated vampires into America and the Slave Trade and ultimately the Civil War. Liked how Battle of Gettysburg was shaped and how Mrs. Lincoln got her revenge. It was a fun summer movie. I think it is rated R for the violence. There is one sex scene but nothing is showed, no T or A just implied. No swearing either. I could see taking a younger kid to it as they see worse on their video games.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Fort Member

Re: Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter

Saw this last night and I loved it my husband had read the book and he enjoyed it as well
    Not nearly as gory or violent as it could have been
    I really liked it

PWS
    FORT Fogey

There's a book? Cool!

This got terrible reviews locally, but I love the concept so much I may have to see it. To be fair, it wasn't just snobby reviews, one said it was a great concept but the movie didn't do it justice...they mentioned the "split" Bearcata mentioned as one of the problems.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Got the book--the author has also written a similar twist on Pride and Prejudice using zombies I believe. And when I searched for this on Kindle I also found books by others on George Washington Werewolf and one on Lincoln as a vampire. Who knew there was a whole genre out there!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

FYI, the book was fun, so read his Pride & Prejudice & Zombies--hysterical if you've ever read the original P & P--England is overrun with with zombies, and both Darcy and Elizabeth (and her sisters) are skilled zombie killers...
    Looking forward to the LIncoln movie--if it works maybe they will do the P & P one.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    FYI, the book was fun, so read his Pride & Prejudice & Zombies--hysterical if you've ever read the original P & P--England is overrun with with zombies, and both Darcy and Elizabeth (and her sisters) are skilled zombie killers...
    Looking forward to the LIncoln movie--if it works maybe they will do the P & P one.
    Supposedly they are working on the P&P movie. I thought it would be out before the Abraham Lincoln movie.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread