+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Snow White and the Huntsman

Snow White and the Huntsman

Snow White and the Huntsman - Rotten Tomatoes

In the epic action-adventure Snow White and the Huntsman, Kristen Stewart plays the only person in the land fairer than the evil queen (Charlize Theron) out to destroy her. But what the wicked ruler never imagined is that the young woman threatening her reign has been training in the art of war with a huntsman (Chris Hemsworth) dispatched to kill her. Sam Claflin joins the cast as the prince long enchanted by Snow White's beauty and power. -- (C) Universal Pictures

I was really looking forward to this film as the trailers were fantastic. I had some trepidation as far as Kristen Stewart playing the starring role of Snow White. In fact she did a credible job as Snow White and kept her accent during the entire shoot. Parts of the film are pretty good and quite fantastical and Charlize Theron is spot on scary as the Evil Queen. In fact I think she steals the show acting wise. The set design is top notch, the costume design deserves an Academy Award. But while pieces are great the whole is not. Something is lacking. I didn't believe the "love story" that was between Snow White and the Huntsman and the finale battle scene was limp at best, at least with all the men charging the castle on horse back. Looks as if the same scene was edited through the fight sequence several times. Overall it's worth renting.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

Re: Snow White and the Huntsman

Finally saw this! The set design and costuming were gorgeous. Charlize was easily the star of the show, and Sam Claflin was wonderfully creepy playing the queen playing William. The final scene was a bit off for me, but liked the movie overall.

+ Reply to Thread