+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: The Avengers

Re: The Avengers

Seriously, some of these movie critics need to find a deep hole and bury themselves. I have seen a lot of crappy superhero movies and while The Avengers is part of that genre it is done the way that type of movie should be done. It moves, it is not sloppy, it is funny and heroic and sad. Mostly I think instead actually reviewing a movie these critics are trying to prove how smart they are and how much better they would put a film/graphic novel/book/comic/tv series together then the rest of us sheeple. Well I don't see them doing that but they do try to tear down the ones that do.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I loved this movie! I just wish I'd know about the dinner tag; I only saw the first one after the main credits. I blame the large diet Coke. I *had* to exit. I might see it again because "Hulk...Smash" has never been more entertaining.

I hadn't realized this was a Josh Whedon film. Now that I know, it will be on my rental list. I did love Serenity; it was made on a shoestring budget and it manages to tie in all the threads of Firefly in a way I wasn't fully expecting. I own the series and the movie and watch them fairly often. I don't watch too many of the big budget action films because most of them are not very good, at least for me. There are exceptions, of course, such as Lord of the Rings, but the whole Mission Impossible series was not for me. I will definitely see this one.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I hadn't realized this was a Josh Whedon film. Now that I know, it will be on my rental list. I did love Serenity; it was made on a shoestring budget and it manages to tie in all the threads of Firefly in a way I wasn't fully expecting. I own the series and the movie and watch them fairly often. I don't watch too many of the big budget action films because most of them are not very good, at least for me. There are exceptions, of course, such as Lord of the Rings, but the whole Mission Impossible series was not for me. I will definitely see this one.
    I sorta feel the same way about IMF. The first one was good and then the sequels became the easy thing to do by making it louder and faster and dumber. I was absolutely not going to see Ghost Protocol but I am glad I did it was a smart movie, a team movie and not a see Tom Cruise get beat up for two hours. Definitely captured the feel of what a covert spy film should be. In fact if Tom Cruise did not continue to do anymore IMF films the team they put together could successfully continue the franchise.

Well, The Avengers have joined the Billion Dollar Club.

Around-the-World Roundup: 'Avengers' Reaches $1 Billion Worldwide - Box Office Mojo

With official grosses reporting on Monday, it's official—The Avengers has joined the fabled $1 billion worldwide box office club. The movie reached this level on its 19th day in theaters, which ties the record-breaking pace of Avatar and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 (though The Avengers was only playing in the U.S. for ten of those days). It currently ranks 12th on the all-time worldwide chart with $1.000.4 billion, and by the end of next weekend it will move up to fourth place behind Avatar, Titanic and Deathly Hallows Part 2

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

We finally had the chance to see this over the weekend.. it was awesome I had fun looking for the scenes filmed here in Cleveland.. there werea lot!! And even though they changed the streets a bit.. you could tell it was Downtown! And yes, it was SO Joss! I was happy to see that as well being a huge fan of his because of Firefly.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Fort Member

I am a comic book geek so I loved this movie but I had been told about the scene after the credits as I am guessing had about 8 other people in the theatre so stayed until the very end of the credits and nothing
    I wondered if it was just a Jakarta thing as they do censure bits of some movies but my son went to see it a second time in Australia and stayed till the end and nothing there as well
    So was it just rumour or what?

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

No, there was definitely a scene after the end of all credits - even after all of the labor union logos showed up.

Click to see Spoiler:
    It showed all of the Avengers team sitting around a table in a "dive" type of restaurant in New York. The sign on the wall was for "schwarmas" (remember Tony Stark asking everyone if they wanted to go out for a schwarma during the movie?). They were all dressed in t-shirts and jeans and looked like they were worn out from trying to save the world from alien invaders (which I'm sure they were). There was absolutely NO dialog. They were just eating as though they were too tired to even chew, with the occasional glance at each other. It was - IMO - hysterical in the way that they showed that these were just ordinary people with extraordinary abilities. I loved it!

Fort Member

Well we stayed until all the credits were done and the screen went black
    Then stayed a minute or two after as we were a little bewildered
    There was nothing
    Odd, would have liked to have seen it

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    No, there was definitely a scene after the end of all credits - even after all of the labor union logos showed up.

Click to see Spoiler:
    It showed all of the Avengers team sitting around a table in a "dive" type of restaurant in New York. The sign on the wall was for "schwarmas" (remember Tony Stark asking everyone if they wanted to go out for a schwarma during the movie?). They were all dressed in t-shirts and jeans and looked like they were worn out from trying to save the world from alien invaders (which I'm sure they were). There was absolutely NO dialog. They were just eating as though they were too tired to even chew, with the occasional glance at each other. It was - IMO - hysterical in the way that they showed that these were just ordinary people with extraordinary abilities. I loved it!
    I just saw it and there was definitely the scene described above there at the very very end. The 8 or 9 people besides me who did not leave during the credits burst out laughing, it was so well done in the way AZC describes. If you didn't see it and won't be going to the film again read the description--it really captures it, though of course the visual was even better.
    There was also a little scene involving aliens at the beginning of the credits, but this scene involved the Avengers.

Loved the funny asides and that Captain America missed most cultural references, and was so pleased to get the Oz one that some others missed. I guess I've missed some Hulk movies, I don't remember that he could ever talk, in Hulk form. Loved the world weary Dr. Banner---used to love him on the TV show as well (the character).

I was hoping the agent who
    Click to see Spoiler:
    died was not really dead, just badly injured and that Fury kept that from the others... Sniff

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast