+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel

The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel

I believe this British film either opened or is opening this week. Chances are I won't see it until it comes out on DVD because I generally enjoy watching films at home more than in movie theaters these days.

I though I'd put it out here, however, because in the midst of the summer blockbuster action movies coming out, there is this small British film that I anticipate I will love. It is about a group of retirees settling into a not very plush hotel in India. The cast includes Judi Dench, Maggie Smith, Bill Nighy, Tom Wilkinson, Celia Imrie, Penelope Wilton (Downton Abbey) and a bunch of other talented British actors. This will be a must see for me.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Re: The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel

I saw a screening of it about a month ago and LOVED it! Well worth seeing it on the big screen, IMO. Fantastic actors and beautifully shot. I'll probably see if again in the theater because I loved it so much.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

This will be a must see for me.
    It's a must see for me to Florimel. I saw the previews what seems like months ago, I wanted see it right away, What a great cast! I cant wait.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

This is a movie I absolutely want to see. I may have to go it alone, but I don't care. Madden, Dench, Wilkinson, Nighy are worth it. Plus it's not like you should talk in the theater anyway.

It has opened in the small Cinema Arts Theatre in Fairfax, VA and I hope to catch it either this weekend or next.

PS: I love having the best of both worlds were I can go see a big blockbuster like The Avengers one night and then see a beautiful little British indie like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    This is a movie I absolutely want to see. I may have to go it alone, but I don't care. Madden, Dench, Wilkinson, Nighy are worth it. Plus it's not like you should talk in the theater anyway.
    I want to see it too! I think I might be able to get my husband to go as we like Penelope Wilton from Doctor Who! And I have such a thing for Tom Wilkinson and Bill Nighy.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    It has opened in the small Cinema Arts Theatre in Fairfax, VA and I hope to catch it either this weekend or next.

PS: I love having the best of both worlds were I can go see a big blockbuster like The Avengers one night and then see a beautiful little British indie like this.
    The very best of both worlds!
    Duxxy likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I'm taking my mom next Sunday for Mother's Day. Can't wait !!
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Apparently I will have to wait BEMH doesn't make it to Madison until June 15....and that day is already reserved for "Rock of Ages" I took mom and my son to see Avengers instead.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Just saw it very nice film. So glad the film industry release this at this time, I occasionally like a break from the summer blockbusters that tend to be aimed at the kiddies and not the adults paying for the kiddies.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast