+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel

The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel

I believe this British film either opened or is opening this week. Chances are I won't see it until it comes out on DVD because I generally enjoy watching films at home more than in movie theaters these days.

I though I'd put it out here, however, because in the midst of the summer blockbuster action movies coming out, there is this small British film that I anticipate I will love. It is about a group of retirees settling into a not very plush hotel in India. The cast includes Judi Dench, Maggie Smith, Bill Nighy, Tom Wilkinson, Celia Imrie, Penelope Wilton (Downton Abbey) and a bunch of other talented British actors. This will be a must see for me.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Re: The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel

I saw a screening of it about a month ago and LOVED it! Well worth seeing it on the big screen, IMO. Fantastic actors and beautifully shot. I'll probably see if again in the theater because I loved it so much.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

This will be a must see for me.
    It's a must see for me to Florimel. I saw the previews what seems like months ago, I wanted see it right away, What a great cast! I cant wait.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

This is a movie I absolutely want to see. I may have to go it alone, but I don't care. Madden, Dench, Wilkinson, Nighy are worth it. Plus it's not like you should talk in the theater anyway.

It has opened in the small Cinema Arts Theatre in Fairfax, VA and I hope to catch it either this weekend or next.

PS: I love having the best of both worlds were I can go see a big blockbuster like The Avengers one night and then see a beautiful little British indie like this.
    No goat killers on my island.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    This is a movie I absolutely want to see. I may have to go it alone, but I don't care. Madden, Dench, Wilkinson, Nighy are worth it. Plus it's not like you should talk in the theater anyway.
    I want to see it too! I think I might be able to get my husband to go as we like Penelope Wilton from Doctor Who! And I have such a thing for Tom Wilkinson and Bill Nighy.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    It has opened in the small Cinema Arts Theatre in Fairfax, VA and I hope to catch it either this weekend or next.

PS: I love having the best of both worlds were I can go see a big blockbuster like The Avengers one night and then see a beautiful little British indie like this.
    The very best of both worlds!
    Duxxy likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I'm taking my mom next Sunday for Mother's Day. Can't wait !!
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Apparently I will have to wait BEMH doesn't make it to Madison until June 15....and that day is already reserved for "Rock of Ages" I took mom and my son to see Avengers instead.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Just saw it very nice film. So glad the film industry release this at this time, I occasionally like a break from the summer blockbusters that tend to be aimed at the kiddies and not the adults paying for the kiddies.
    No goat killers on my island.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast