+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel

It's FINALLY coming to our local theater on Friday. I'll be there to see it on Saturday!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I was sick last week, so just got to see it today. We always rate movies on a scale of 1-10 when we come out. I asked hubby, "What do you give it?" He replied, "Oh, a 7 or an 8." I stopped in the middle of the movie parking lot, turned to him and said, "Were we watching the same movie? That was a 10 if ever there was one!"

I told him that we were going to do like Olympic judges and throw out the lowest score. We've compromised on a 9.

We went to see this movie last night.It was wonderful( better than we had expected) . It was really nice to see real faces, with character lines( wrinkles) and these faces moved.!!The main reason for the films success was its dream cast of veteran British actors: Judi Dench, Maggie Smith, Tom Wilkinson, Bill Nighy, Celia Imrie, Ronald Pickup, and Penelope Wilton, to name just the leads.(I would love to share a G&T with Dame Judi )

The movie theater was packed, it had a somewhat grey flavor to it.It was quiet in the right places and laughs out loud in the right places, and I saw nobody text anything!! a wonderful-and highly recommended movie!

As an aside- Meryl Streeps next movie looks hilarious( it was shown in the coming attractions)
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I loved it! It was beautiful and just what I expected from the stellar cast
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I loved every little bit of this movie. My daughter's Mother's Day gift to me was a movie and lunch together. I picked this movie and we both were delighted.
    What's not to like about a great story with great actors???!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12