+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Multiple viewing?

Multiple viewing?

I was discussing this with others today and I was curious..How many times have you seen the same movie in the theatre and what was it? I admit I saw Dirty Dancing in 1987(I feel old typing that) 4 times

CCL

Re: Multiple viewing?

I think I saw Titanic somewhere in the range of half a dozen times. I think multiple viewings is more a young person's game. Now if I see a movie twice it's because I've already seen it and I'm going with someone who hasn't and wants to; the movie better be pretty good for me to manage that, even.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Grease...at least 3 times the summer I was 12, and then again when they re-released it for the 25th anniversary And sadly, I still can't pass up Flashdance or Pretty Woman when it's on TV.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

I saw The Return of the King probably six times in the theater. Same with Return of the Jedi. It's apparently, a "return" thing

I probably saw both Dirty Dancing and Ghost 3 or 4 times in the theater.

ITA with you CCL that multiple viewings in the theater is more a young person's thing. I have no explanation for the LOTR thing. I guess I'm a geek
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I saw Titanic 5 times, Sense and Sensibility twice, Notting Hill twice. Music and Lyrics twice, From Justin to Kelly twice, Twilight twice and will probably see The Hunger Games again.
    its_glinda_now likes this.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

I forgot to mention that I saw the first Austin Powers movie twice in theatre.Nothing wrong with being a geek Critical.My husband and I watch the LOTR trilogy,marathon style,at least twice a year.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I saw the last Harry Potter film (Deathly Hallows 2) 9 times in the theater last year - 3 in 2-D, 3 in 3-D and 3 in IMAX. Then I watched it on New Years Eve at home.

The Help and Girl with the Dragon Tattoo got two viewings each; more recently, I've seen Hunger Games once, and may go see it again.

And it's not just a "young person" thing. It's also an "old person" thing for me, since I find that I miss details in movies. After reading the book the movie is from, I go back to the movie to pick up the things I missed.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Jailhouse Rock! twice in back to back viewings. Hey, I was 10 or 11 and didn't think the folks would be wondering where I was.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs View Post
    I saw Titanic 5 times, Sense and Sensibility twice, Notting Hill twice. Music and Lyrics twice, From Justin to Kelly twice, Twilight twice and will probably see The Hunger Games again.
    You are awesome! I love this movie, my sister and I also saw it multiple times at the theater.

Humiliating to say but I was in highschool when the movie Speed came out with Keanu Reeves. Myself and a friend became obsessed with it and watched the movie every day after school for three weeks. We had a friend who worked at the movie theater and we got in free. Sad I know. Even sadder is in college I got the VHS tape of it and had a group of girls watch it once a week for an entire year. We made a party out of it. lol.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast