+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Multiple viewing?

Re: Multiple viewing?

Quote Originally Posted by Realitychick View Post
    Humiliating to say but I was in highschool when the movie Speed came out with Keanu Reeves. Myself and a friend became obsessed with it and watched the movie every day after school for three weeks. We had a friend who worked at the movie theater and we got in free. Sad I know. Even sadder is in college I got the VHS tape of it and had a group of girls watch it once a week for an entire year. We made a party out of it. lol.
    Keanu was hot back in the day!
    My preferred Keanu movie from that time frame is Point Break (which I have seen several times). That way you get *both* Keanu and Patick Swayze!!

I'm impressed by all of you. I don't think I have ever seen a movie in the theater more than once. There are so many movies to watch that if I have a chance to go to the theater I usually want to catch something different! I do watch movies multiple times once they have hit DVD and/or TV.

Beauty and the Beast (the Disney version) - seriously my favorite Disney movie. I also saw Titanic and Forrest Gump multiple times in the theatre. Now it seems like every movie I see in the theatre I see multiple times - for the very reason you all mention. I see it with different people who haven't seen it before. I saw both Eclipse and Breaking Dawn multiple times, and the last two Harry Potter movies multiple times in the theatres.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Realitychick View Post
    Humiliating to say but I was in highschool when the movie Speed came out with Keanu Reeves. Myself and a friend became obsessed with it and watched the movie every day after school for three weeks. We had a friend who worked at the movie theater and we got in free. Sad I know. Even sadder is in college I got the VHS tape of it and had a group of girls watch it once a week for an entire year. We made a party out of it. lol.
    I see nothing humiliating about that at all. Getting in to see it for free--good. College parties around it--good. That would be something you'll all remember, and if you have reunions y'all can watch it again. Good times, I'd say.

I'm aging myself here. When I was 12, I really wanted to see the movie Zapped with Scott Baio. (now that's embarassing) but you had to be 13 to get in. So we bought tickets to see ET and wanted to sneak in to see Zapped. Well, we were too chicken to do it. Not once, but twice! So yeah, got to see ET 3 times and no Zapped. LOL
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Fort Member

Close encounters of the third time I saw 7 times
    Not on purpose really
    It was back in the days of the fouble feature where a ticket got you two movies
    The first movie was always an older one and the second movie the new one
    I went once to see Close Encounters as the main billing
    But then every movie I went to after that for several months
    Close encounters was the other movie
    As I was always with friends and we were young and our
    Parents would drop us off and make sure we went in we had to sit
    Through it to get to the main movie
    I grew up in a small town theories was the only thing to do on a
    Saturday if you were under 18
    I do miss the double feature though

For some reason I always watch Shallow Hal when it is on.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

The Wizard of Oz. I have it on tape, but still have to watch it every time it's on TV, & have for many many years. I love it every time & still get taken in by the excitement. I can probably recite most of the words with them.
    It's a Wonderful Life. Same as above.
    Frequency. I don't have it on tape, but I've seen it in the theaters, on pay per view, on premium movie channel, on rental & now on regular plug-in-wall TV. I probably should break down & buy it.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Probably the one I saw the most was Return of the Jedi. That summer, my sister and I rode our bikes to the mall to see a movie several times and there wasn't much playing that we wanted to see. We saw Ghostbusters a couple of time and Return of the Jedi easily 7 times. I didn't count how many but it seemed like a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Probably the one I saw the most was Return of the Jedi. That summer, my sister and I rode our bikes to the mall to see a movie several times and there wasn't much playing that we wanted to see. We saw Ghostbusters a couple of time and Return of the Jedi easily 7 times. I didn't count how many but it seemed like a lot!
    I just recently saw Ghostbusters again. There are so many '80s movies that seem a bit cheesy when I watch them now, but not this one. I laughed and found it just as enjoyable as I remembered! That is a testament to a good movie!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12