+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Lorax

The Lorax

The Lorax - Rotten Tomatoes

The 3D-CGI feature Dr. Seuss' The Lorax is an adaptation of Dr. Seuss' classic tale of a forest creature who shares the enduring power of hope. The animated adventure follows the journey of a boy as he searches for the one thing that will enable him to win the affection of the girl of his dreams. To find it he must discover the story of the Lorax, the grumpy yet charming creature who fights to protect his world. -- (C) Universal
    The critics give this a 57% and the viewers a 72%.

Well, I liked it. It was fun and charming, the songs cute and adults and kids can see it. The adults won't go to sleep and the kids will get the message of saving the planet by taking care of the environment. Yes, the middle story arc confused me a bit and did slow the pace of the film but overall a fun film, I laughed and it made me feel good and was the perfect Friday afternoon film to see.

Oh, and it has been the number 1 film in the country having one of the best first weekends for an animated film.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 03-24-2012 at 08:53 AM.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Re: The Lorax

I watched this one with my younger kids. It was decent, but I didn't love it. My review is in another thread here:
    What Films Did You Watch Today?

Re: The Lorax

Dr. Suess's window has a bronze statue of The Lorax in her garden someone stole it.

Lorax statue stolen from Dr. Seuss

Who will speak for the missing Lorax?

A 2-foot-tall, 300-pound bronze statue of the beloved children's book character was stolen from Dr. Seuss' California estate.

Audrey Geisel, the widow of famed children’s book author Dr. Seuss (Theodor Seuss Geisel), and her property manager, Carl Romero, noticed the sculpture was missing on Monday morning, the San Diego Union-Tribune reported.

Footprints on the property suggested the thieves dragged the hefty statue to a nearby road, where they lifted it over a fence.

The statue featured the Lorax, a fantastical creature who speaks on behalf of the trees, holding out his arms while standing atop a stump with the word "Unless" written on it. The piece is valued at $10,000, according to the Los Angeles Times.

In Seuss' 1971 book “The Lorax,” the creature warns about the consequences of chopping down all the Truffula trees. Once the last one is felled, he blasts off into the sky in despair, leaving behind a pile of rocks with the word "Unless."

"The Lorax" was adapted this year into a hit animated movie, with a voice cast including Danny DeVito, Zac Efron and Taylor Swift.

"We don't know if it's just a prank because of the recent release of the movie or if someone thinks it's going to be worth a buck or two because it's a lot of [metal]," San Diego Police Lieutenant Andra Brown told Reuters.

Romero told the Union-Tribune that Geisel just wants the statue returned, and will not press charges if the thieves come forward.

The statue was created by Audrey Geisel's daughter, sculptor Lark Grey Dimond-Cates, for her stepfather. Seuss had no children of his own, and was known for saying, "You make 'em. I'll amuse 'em."

"I want very badly to get our little Lorax back home where he belongs," Dimond-Cates, told the Union-Tribune. "Wherever he is, he's scared, lonely and hungry. He's not just a hunk of metal to us. He was a family pet."

Theodor Seuss Geisel died in 1991 at age 87.

Read more: Lorax statue stolen from Dr. Seuss
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread