+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: The Host by Stephanie Meyer

Re: The Host by Stephanie Meyer

To me some of the best parts of the book are Wanderer's descriptions of living as another species on other worlds. Very lyrical. Like watching a National Geographic Special. I hope they can duplicate that feeling visually it would really add to the movie. I think if they try to only film the aliens take over the Earth part of the book the film not be worth watching. What was really special about the book was that the author really did make it feel as if you are Wanderer and seeing the worlds through her eyes and that is very unique.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

They are showing the first teaser trailer now in the theaters.

I was optimistic about this movie and I thought Saoirse Ronan did a good job in The Lovely Bones, however the latest trailer has not left me looking forward to this film...
    The Host Official Trailer #2 (2013) - Saoirse Ronan Movie HD - YouTube

From what I see in the trailer it looks too sappy and "polished".

I really enjoyed the book and may just reread it instead of seeing the movie. When does it come out?
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I really enjoyed the book and may just reread it instead of seeing the movie. When does it come out?
    IMDB says March 29 2013.

I want to see it, but it's not a stand alone book, so I'm sure it's not a stand alone movie and book 2 hasn't come out yet, even though it's been a couple of years. I don't want to watch and end up with another situation like The Last Airbender. I was mad that they didn't continue that one.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Isn't doing that well at the box office, I wonder if they tampered a lot with the story? Anyone seen it? Makes folks think that the youth genre movie is over. Still Hunger Games is still tremendously popular and I am planning to see Catching Fire. I do think that the Hunger Games movies will continue to do well. While The Host and Beautiful Creatures don't seem to be hitting it with the movie crowd there is hope for The Mortal Instruments, the City of Bones that comes out in August.

The Host by Stephanie Meyer

I saw it a few hours ago. It was a fairly decent adaption and the main crux was not changed. Obviously a lot of the detail from the books was not included, more true to time and making a cohesive story than anything else. I wish they had had more Jamie and there were a couple of sections from the book that I would have loved to see included because I loved them. I think the movie had an excellent cast but there was a lot of laughter in the theatre when the two voices were going - it was done well but some elements of the dialogue in that part were cheesy. I would see it again but the book is far superior.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Just saw it On Demand.

I think if you didn't read the book and saw the movie you would be disappointed. It's a better adaption than I thought it would be. I really did miss the descriptions of Wanderer's life on the other planets and wished they had shown that. I did think all the young men cast looked too much alike I couldn't tell them apart. While I liked the movie I felt the depth of the relationships Wanda had with the main characters was not explored deeply enough in the time allotted.

If I hadn't read the book and was interested to see what the movie adaption was like and I didn't know the story I would find the movie rather dull and boring. In the book the best parts were learning about what kind of person Wanda really was, about the places she had been and all the relationships she developed with the refugees.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123