+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: The Hunger Games

Re: The Hunger Games

I prefer they cast relatively unknowns and not someone like Robert Pattison.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Oh wow, I hadn't heard that was even a rumor! I'm surprised if they were going Twilight-y, they wouldn't think of Kellan Lutz; he's got the smirk down pat.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

CCL

Ugh, Kellan Lutz...I believe he (Lutz) was campaigning for the part, too.
    I'd only like to have Pattinson for the part for the giggles aspect. But that would probably wear soon so let's not.
    Latest rumors have it between Taylor Kitsch, Garrett Hedlund and Armie Hammer. Strong fan casting for Jesse Williams, not that that really matters.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I thought I read something a while back that indicated they would NOT be casting any Twilight actors in the HG movies. I really hope they stick to that.

A big to your UGH over Kellan Lutz, CCL. I don't hate him, but he's too much of a meat head to play Finnick.

I wouldn't mind Armie Hammer at all. He's pretty much who I pictured when I was reading the books.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

HuffPo is reporting that Jenna Malone has been cast as Johanna Mason:
    Jena Malone, 'Catching Fire': Actress Reportedly Tapped To Play Johanna Mason In 'Hunger Games' Sequel
    Duxxy likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Well I can see her having the snotty part down. I remember her most from Step Mom and being impressed with her acting then.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    HuffPo is reporting that Jenna Malone has been cast as Johanna Mason:
    Jena Malone, 'Catching Fire': Actress Reportedly Tapped To Play Johanna Mason In 'Hunger Games' Sequel
    I'm ok with that choice (if it turns out to be accurate). Most interested in who they will pick for Finnick.

aw according to Perez Hilton.com Trevor Donovan is out of the running for Finnick. Too bad, he's exactly what I pictured while I was reading the books. I havent watched the movie yet but I will - soon. Oh and Philip Seymour Hoffman as Plutarch Heavensbee (where I pictured more the guy at the beginning of the Twister Sister video We're Not Gonna Take it) lol
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Aaaand, it looks like we might have our Finnick: Sam Claflin As Finnick Odair? 'Hunger Games: Catching Fire' May Have Cast Coveted Role (REPORT)
    Sam Claflin - IMDb

I'm not familiar with him, but he looks right, physically.

More casting news: Amanda Plummer In 'Hunger Games: Catching Fire': 'Pulp Fiction' Star Set For Wiress

CCL

He's not what I pictured but we shall see.
    Tony Shalhoub has been tapped to play Beetee and Melissa Leo as Mags. I kind of think Melissa Leo and Amanda Plummer look a bit similar but I'm sure they will style them differently. Plus I pictured Mags as much older than Melissa Leo is (I'd say Leo is in her fifties maybe?).

+ Reply to Thread