+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: The Hunger Games

Re: The Hunger Games

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Ah, well, I stand corrected on the tattoo. I still think he's a douchebag for even thinking that joke was remotely funny. Plus, who tattoos their own name on their body? That's only slightly less douchebaggy than the other tattoo. Plus, he seems to be cutting a swath of destruction through women. Now he's "engaged" to Elvis's granddaughter. Not all that long ago it was Emma Roberts (I think) and before that, Dianna Agron. He does have a reputation of being an arrogant jerk. Even if he was super talented, that wouldn't be cool, but he's marginal at best. I'd think it would be better to act like a professional. Obviously, I'm not a fan!
    LOL never said he wasn't a tool. Your post made me laugh, I do agree that having your name right above a body part is pretty bad.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

FORT Fanatic

I loved this movie and can't wait to read the books....Catching Fire comes out in November 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovefootball25 View Post
    I loved this movie and can't wait to read the books....Catching Fire comes out in November 2013.
    You mean the movie, right?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Yes, the movie comes out in Nov 2013. Seems like a loooooooong time away.

Catching Fire may be delayed and, as it always is in Hollywood, it's about money. Apparently, Gary Ross is asking for A LOT more money to direct: Hunger Games Sequel Catching Fire Could Be Delayed, but Why?! - E! Online
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

CCL

Yes, he won't be returning as director for the second film. I'm ok with it. I think he did a good job, but not such a fantastic job that noone else could possibly direct it. Harry Potter had a number of directors and the franchise didn't suffer. Twilight has also had a different director since the first film. To me it's most important that Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson come back for the sequel.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

And Woody!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    And Woody!
    I haven't been enamored of Woody's work since he left "Cheers" . . . but he was ABSOLUTELY PERFECT as Haymitch.
    Hyper and cantstopwatchin like this.

I thought Woody was very good in this too, even though he doesn't physically resemble the description of Haymitch in the books at all. I will say that I enjoyed him in Zombieland. I was surprised at how good he was in that.

ETA: Funny that Gary Ross leaving may have had very little to do with money: Exclusive: Gary Ross Leaves 'The Hunger Games' Franchise, Won't Direct 'Catching Fire' Sequel | The Playlist

ITA CCL - the franchise should be fine with a different director. As long as Suzanne Collins is involved, I think the sequels will be fine. Really, as long as the script is strong, I think there are a number of directors who would do a fine job.
    Last edited by Critical; 04-06-2012 at 07:53 PM.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Interesting that he won't be directing it but if his heart's not in it, I'm more than okay with him opting out. As you mentioned, CCL, Twilight and Harry Potter did just fine when they switched directors and as Critical mentioned, it's all about the script (since I think we all agree the actors did a fantastic job with their characters!), so I think they'll be okay.

I was heartened to read that Suzanne Collins has already received the script and that the screenwriter looks forward to collaborating with her and tweaking it according to her wishes!

Hunger Games: Catching Fire Script Delivered to Suzanne Collins! - E! Online
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

+ Reply to Thread