+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: The Hunger Games

Re: The Hunger Games

Quote Originally Posted by snickers View Post
    I have read the first book and am almost finished with the second, I thought the movie was pretty true to the book, very slight things were changed/left out which is pretty good compared to other adaptions I've seen.

I like Jennifer Lawrence, thought she did good as Katniss, but I have more an issue with the fact she doesn't look young enough for the character.
    JL is 21 and Katniss is supposed to be 16. I think the casting was good. As far as Katniss looking older than the average 16 yr old. I think much of that has to do with basically being the head of the family and providing for them in a rather harsh environment. With her father's death and her mother falling apart Katniss does not have the luxury of staying a child she has to grow up fast to survive and to help her family survive. We are very fortunate in this country to have extended childhoods lasting to our late 20's where in other parts of the world children arehelping to support their families at as young as 4 yrs old.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    He's also an arrogant douchebag, complete with a tattoo that says "Thank you" above his crotch (just in case he forgets to say it. *gag*). I don't want to see him have any more success, much less as Finnick, a character I really like.
    When reading the books I saw Drew Van Acker in my mind as Finnick. Good looking, but still able to give off a sense of innocence.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

CCL

It's a shame Alex Pettyfer has a reputation as a jerk (and one with a temper, to boot), because he's very handsome. I believe he was conisdered for the role of Peeta (or maybe that was just by fans, and not the producers, not sure). I've read elsewhere people proposing Jesse Williams for Finnick. Age-wise he's not right, but, whatever, he is beautiful. I could see people in the Capitol being enthralled with him.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman View Post
    When reading the books I saw Drew Van Acker in my mind as Finnick. Good looking, but still able to give off a sense of innocence.
    I had no idea who he is, but I just looked at his imdb profile and he definitely fits the bill physically, although he isn't as tall as Finnick, I don't think. Still, he could definitely work Do you know how old he is? I know Finnick is supposed to be pretty young, but still older than Katniss and Peeta.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

CCL

Finnick is supposed to be 24. I believe Drew van Acker is 24/25. Or as I consider him, Jason DiLaurentis (he plays that role on Pretty Little Liars).

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I thought ALL of the actors did well. No one stood out for me as bad casting. I thought the actor who played Cato did a great job. Not many of the other tributes has much to do in the movie but die and he stood out for me.
    The scene with Cato at the end when he had Peeta in the chokehold was really heartbreaking. He said something like "I really wanted to win." For me, that one fleeting moment humanized Cato and made him a more tragic and sympathetic character, knowing that as a "career" he had trained his whole life to be a tribute and win the "game." I found that part very sad, and thought the actor portraying him was great.
    kattatude and cantstopwatchin like this.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    Finnick is supposed to be 24. I believe Drew van Acker is 24/25. Or as I consider him, Jason DiLaurentis (he plays that role on Pretty Little Liars).
    Yes Drew is 24, would be about 25 at time of filming. I never saw him on Pretty Little Liars.. i first saw him on Tower Prep, maybe that is why i felt him in this part. The feel of the show is in line with the books.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Disappointing to hear about Alex Pettyfer. I grew up swimming and was surrounded by male swimmers, so I'm hoping they stay true with that body type for our Finnick.

Drew van Acker (Jason to me too-lol) looks like he could fit the bill but IDK if his shoulders are wide enough. (IK, I'm nitpicking!)

DH & I were talking about this and he threw out Alan Ritchson, who played Aquaman on Smallville. Here are a couple of pictures so people don't have to look (or mostly b/c I think he makes nice eye candy-lol!) He's 6'2"...

AZChristian likes this.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

CCL

I could see it. He has to have that humour that Finnick has about him, that's important.

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post
    DH & I were talking about this and he threw out Alan Ritchson, who played Aquaman on Smallville. Here are a couple of pictures so people don't have to look (or mostly b/c I think he makes nice eye candy-lol!) He's 6'2"...
    Thanks for posting those photos! I can absolutely picture him as Finnick, especially with that little smirk in the photo on the right.

+ Reply to Thread