+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: John Carter (2012)

Re: John Carter (2012)

I had the "pleasure" of viewing it last night. Couldn't stand it. I found it very tedious. Now I am a big SciFi/Action fan, but something just seemed off. I was unpleasantly reminded of my experience with the movie Dune back in the day. I kept waiting to hear "spice" mentioned. I felt characters weren't developed enough and there were parts that I was quite confused about. I'm glad someone is liking it, though.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

Had this on my DVR, and finally watched it today. Maybe enough time has passed to watch it untainted by bad press. I loved it, and I want a sequel! I know the sequel's chance is zero to none, but I can dream. The movie was a great adventure with a terrific story. I've never read the books so didn't know what expect.

I am baffled as to why the studio thought this movie would make so much $$$. The source work was nearly 100 years old, this was the drector's first live action film, and there were unknown actors in the lead roles. If the film had realistic expectations, it would have done fine. But, as Bearcata has pointed out, the movie did make money in the long run.
    Florimel likes this.

SpringMaiden - I liked this movie too. It was entertaining and fun. I'm not sure what/where the expectations for this came from. There wasn't anything wrong with this flick other than it being overhyped.
    Florimel and SpringMaiden27 like this.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123