+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Act of Valor

Act of Valor

Act of Valor - Rotten Tomatoes

An unprecedented blend of real-life heroism and original filmmaking, Act of Valor stars a group of active-duty U.S. Navy SEALs in a film like no other in Hollywood's history. A fictionalized account of real life Navy SEAL operations, Act of Valor features a gripping story that takes audiences on an adrenaline-fueled, edge-of-their-seat journey. When a mission to recover a kidnapped CIA operative unexpectedly results in the discovery of an imminent, terrifying global threat, an elite team of highly trained Navy SEALs must immediately embark on a heart-stopping secret operation, the outcome of which will determine the fate of us all. Act of Valor combines stunning combat sequences, up-to-the-minute battlefield technology, and heart-pumping emotion for the ultimate action adventure film-showcasing the skills, training and tenacity of the greatest action heroes of them all: real Navy SEALs.
    Parts of the movie read like a documentary. A very real and chilling documentary. Yes, parts were stilled. Unlike Hollywood "Navy Seals" those in real life do get injured and die and do not get to live happily ever after. That being said it was a pleasure to watch how professional and skilled the Seals and other components of the military are.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion, Tire Toss Champion PIMguy's Avatar

Re: Act of Valor

I thought it was a very good movie. Sure, the acting left something to be desired, but the action was great and you knew it was realistic given the actors were active duty SEALs. I thought the Senior Chief was the best one of the group, great interrogation scene. I think it is good to be reminded that there's some brave men and women doing some brave things out there for all of us. To me, this movie demonstrated that for sure.

Re: Act of Valor

The movie is based on a book: Tom Clancy Presents: Act of Valor by Dick Couch and George Galdorisi .

Does adding Tom Clancy's name really help?

Ahhh....it was a sceen play and then two writers made the screen play into a book. That's why the Tom Clancy name was attached to get people to read it even if it is a bit of a mishmash as a screen play.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread