+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: 2012 Oscars

Re: 2012 Oscars

I love Judy Greer, but I don't love that dress. Also, Shailene Woodley's dress is a "don't" for me. She's a young, beautiful girl with a great figure. She shouldn't have covered it all up. The dress is just kind of matronly. So strange to see Matthew Lillard at the Oscars.

Maybe Berenice Bejo's dress looks good in person, but it's not good on camera. Just kind of blah. She's gorgeous. She should have gone with a darker, more vibrant color. Pastels are tough, especially when you're not really tan.

I think Rooney is just right. Only the dress and the hair. No jewelry, no handbag. No overload. So many others would have added jewelry to that and ruined it. That Givenchy dress doesn't need anything else.

And, our first special effects nominee of the night - Melanie Griffith!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Sacha Baron Cohen as The Dictator spilling ashes all over Ryan Seacrest? Wow, that was weird and boy was Ryan freaked out - he and the carpet around him were a mess. I love the reaction of the attendees who try and clean him off.

I just switched over to ABC and their cameras seem to be showing the colors more correctly than E! Michelle Williams said her dress was more coral than red and you can see that on ABC.

Christopher Plummer Who's the clod that just asked him about being old!? Jesus.

They're showing the detail on Rooney Mara's dress. WOW. That fabric is gorgeous.

One of the fashion "experts" on E! just mispronounced Balenciaga. Seriously.

If SBC was going to spill something all over someone, I'm happy it was Seacrest!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

FORT Fogey

Rooney, great dress. I think her attitude is typical of youth wanting to be cool and not interested in the scene. My kids are grown now; I am done with that.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

I think Rooney is actually very shy. I don't think it's aloofness.

Melissa McCarthy and her mom. Love her.

FORT Fogey

Just switched to ABC. Cool. Very different on the colors. Thanks

FORT Fogey

You may be right about Rooney. I will give her the benefit of the doubt.

FORT Fogey

I don't like the interviewer on ABC.

Great tip on switching stations ...thanks for the tip.

Kristen Wiig - not so into her dress or hair. I am not a fan of that color, the shape of the dress, nor how casual her hair looked. Funny to see her though in her normal look and out of character. I realized that I identify her so much as the Target checker or any other of her characters that I really don't think I have seen her in an interview before today.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    You may be right about Rooney. I will give her the benefit of the doubt.
    As someone who's quite shy in social situations, I can sympathize with her!

Something I'm NOT looking forward to? Billy Crystal. I am NOT a fan.....which doesn't really matter. He thinks he's funny enough for the both of us. I would have loved to see Hugh Jackman host again. I know he said he'd never do it again, but I thought he was so good. Steve Martin (without Alec Baldwin) would have been great too.

Colin Firth His wife is gorgeous, but that dress is atrocious. What is that thing sticking out on the bodice? Ick.

I just switched back to E! for a few seconds and WTH? Four of them sitting at a table rambling and "um"-ing about dresses.

The benefit of switching to ABC is getting to see the same people interviewed again, only better. Jean Dujardin twice? Yay! His favorite things about LA? Turning right on red and cinnamon rolls. Love him.
    Shoepie likes this.

+ Reply to Thread