+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: 2012 Oscars

Re: 2012 Oscars

I'm going to predict that The Artist will win and Jean Dujardin will win as well. They've got the momentum. I loved the movie and him in it, so I totally support that!

I think the lead acting categories are the closest this year. It could be Clooney, but I think Dujardin will win. I'll be happy with either. I think Rooney Mara should win, I want Viola Davis to win, but I think Meryl Streep probably will win. The Academy may just feel like it's time to give her another Oscar. It's been a long time since her last one - Sophie's Choice was nearly 30 years ago! Gosh, that makes me feel old!

Octavia looks gorgeous! I've been such a fan for so many years. I'm thrilled to see her finally getting her due!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I give Jessica grandmother a pass because, well, she's a grandmother!

I know some probably won't like Michelle Williams's dress, but I think she looks adorable. Not a fan of Viola Davis in that dress. Just too much going on and the bodice is too low. The color is fabulous, but the dress isn't that great.

We're watching Sean Combs get the once over with the sticky roller. Why is he even there and why is THIS getting so much camera time?

Stacy Keebler looks amazing in that gold dress. She makes good arm candy! I don't love the hair, but her body in that dress....well, who's looking at her hair anyway!?
    The grandmother was darling actually, I was just surprised at that crazy necklace!

Stacy Keebler was described as George's own Oscar statuette and I have to say that she does look that striking!

You know, I didn't like Jonah Hill very much, but then I saw him on Oprah's Oscar special and gained a new appreciation for him. Still don't think he deserves to be nominated, but I think he's a sweet guy. I'm glad the acknowledges he will not be getting any nominations for 21 Jump Street....although maybe he'll get some Razzie nominations! Sweet that he brought his mom to the ceremony.

I like Kelly Osborne, but she and Guiliana together drive me nuts. They just take this stuff way too seriously, like how they just flipped out over Octavia's dress..... because she picked the same designer she's been wearing pretty much all awards season.

Jean Dujardin He's so dreamy.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

FORT Fogey

I don't think Meryl will win because the subject matter was not interesting to most. She probably did a winning performance but who really cares about Thatcher?

The Academy often goes against the trend and veers from Golden Globe winners in a lot of cases.

I don't like Viola or Michelle's dresses.

Man, they must be hurting for ratings if they let Sacha Baron Cohen come and wear that get-up. I hope he changes before he gets into the theater.

Ryan Seacrest is hilarious when he tries to talk about the clothes. I thought I was going to mute it, too, but decided against it. Mr. C is coming in the door soon so I may have to turn it way down. He is not so much into the Red Carpet thing.

I don't know that people don't care abut Margaret Thatcher. How many people cared about Christy Brown before Daniel Day Lewis played him? The problem for Meryl is that The Iron Lady didn't get great reviews. She was apparently the best thing about that movie, by a mile.

I think Meryl could win because the voters love her. I have to say, as much as I love Viola Davis, I wasn't blown away by her performance. I thought Octavia was better in that movie and I thought Rooney Mara gave the best performance of the year, at least in that category.

ETA: My mom told my dad and brother that they were on their own today. They would be making their own decisions about what to eat and she was not giving up the TV!

Okay, in watching Guiliana talk about Octavia, I'm pretty sure she just called all of us fat! Skinny bitch.

FORT Fogey

I had never heard of Christy Brown, Margaret, of course. That is the difference there. Politics and entertaiment is a bit of an oxymoron.

Ryan is not involved with Juliian Huff. No frickin way. She makes a poor beard. No mention of her ever unless they stage a public boost. Too bad. Well, someday.

FORT Fogey

Rooney, meh. Too forced.

+ Reply to Thread