+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: 2012 Oscars

Re: 2012 Oscars

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I saw The Descendants without having heard anything about it. I think that makes a difference. After months of lousy movies I caught this when it first came out.
    Maybe that was it Shoepie, I just was just meh about it. I cant explain it, I am not a Clooney fan, so perhaps that had a lot to do with it.DH didnt like it, and he makes up his own mind.

FORT Fogey

Is anyone watching E! now. I want to dish.

Guilanna's make up is terrible! Kelly's hair is better looking more purple than gray but not good. I adore her, too.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

I thought I would get to The Tree of Life today before the ceremony started, but I didn't count on all the pre-show stuff. Probably will have to watch it later. It was the last one on my list to watch from that category, so I'm okay with not having gotten to it. I'll have to watch My Week With Marilyn and The Iron Lady later too.

I thought it was a great year for movies! I've seen so many really good ones in the last weeks leading up to today. I've seen 7 of the 9 nominated for Best Picture and think they ALL deserved the nomination. Some years, I can't say that! I wish David Fincher had gotten in there and everything I've read from critics agrees with me - Dragon Tattoo would likely have been the 10th film

I watched Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close and was pleasantly surprised. I didn't think I'd enjoy it, but it was really good. The little boy who stars was incredible in his first role. He carried the movie. I can see why Max Von Sydow was nominated for that role, although I'm still pulling for Christopher Plummer. I didn't cry the way I thought I would with a movie dealing with 9/11, but I was very emotional.

My least favorite part of the Oscars is the pre-shows with the inane questions from so many idiotic "reporters." I think they're ALL nitwits. Sorry, Shoepie - I think Guiliana Rancic is the worst. She and Seacrest are my least favorite. I love seeing what everyone is wearing, but I always end up watching with it muted.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I'm watching the E! preshow and so far, the mute is off. Kelly Osborne drives me even more crazy that Seacrest and Rancic. Don't get me started on that silver/lavender hair. I thought that was temporary? UGH. I keep waiting for her to start singing "Beauty School Dropout." Normally, when someone's hair ends up that color, they run to the hairdresser with a big hat on to get it fixed. They don't go on national TV with it that color....repeatedly.

Jessica Chastain and her grandmother . So cute.

Melissa McCarthy looks beautiful!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I loved Jessica Chastain's strapless gown. Wow. But her grandmothers necklace was a little much! Many large polished rock slices (sorry, can't think at the moment of how to better describe it) - It must have been so heavy on her neck! Shailene Woodley in her Valentino dress looked wonderful as well. A different look for the Academy Awards. I have some ironing to do so will be watching the red carpet show along with you!

I give Jessica grandmother a pass because, well, she's a grandmother!

I know some probably won't like Michelle Williams's dress, but I think she looks adorable. Not a fan of Viola Davis in that dress. Just too much going on and the bodice is too low. The color is fabulous, but the dress isn't that great.

We're watching Sean Combs get the once over with the sticky roller. Why is he even there and why is THIS getting so much camera time?

Stacy Keebler looks amazing in that gold dress. She makes good arm candy! I don't love the hair, but her body in that dress....well, who's looking at her hair anyway!?

Okay, this is why I hate the babble at the pre-shows.Kelly Osborne and Giuliana Rancic are losing it over Rooney Mara wearing white because she usually wears BLACK at awards shows. OMG! Amazing! I can't believe it! Good Lord.

On that subject, I think Rooney looks amazing. She's wearing a dress that probably no one else could wear and her styling is so perfect for her. I love that she has her own look. Same with Michelle Williams.....although one could argue that Michelle's look was Mia Farrow's look first. She still looks great.

FORT Fogey

I have been on the phone and missed Michele Williams. I don't like her and have never liked what she wears. I will have to see later.

I hear you about Guilianna. I did not used to like her but now that I have seen others in her job I see her skill. I adore kelly!!!!!! Hate the hair though.

Michelle's on right now, so you didn't miss her. They just showed her arriving earlier. I love that she always brings Busy Phillips with her to awards shows.

FORT Fogey

I don't think The Artist will win best picture. And I support that! I really did not like it.

+ Reply to Thread