+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: 2012 Oscars

Re: 2012 Oscars

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    Critical, I think you asked why Diddy was at the Oscars early on, so I just wanted to respond. I saw an article in People that he was apparently involved with the documentary Undefeated. I didn't pay enough attention to see how he was involved - whether he bankrolled it, had a producing credit, etc. But I'm sure that was why he was there last night.
    You are right. He was "part of" "Undefeated". Although he apparently came into the whole thing after it was already finished (and tried to take credit for the whole thing). I'm not a huge Diddy fan and I really don't like that Cameron Diaz is shamefully hittin' that.

I just came in to say - my god, Angelina Jolie is insanely beautiful. (Yeah, yeah, she's skinny, but if you look at pics of her throughout the years, she's always been rail-thin). There are many attractive actresses but she is really in a class by herself. Dunno if it's love but she was so smiley & glowing...lol I had a total girl-crush going. I also thought she easily had the best dress of the night.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    The 'in memoriam' was done very tastefully and Esperanza Spaulding's "What a Wonderful World" was breathtaking.
    I thought so too. I think it was one of the best they've ever done. I thought Elizabeth Taylor would be the one that got to me, but then, out of left field: As you wish.

As to Esperanza Spaulding, she really did do a beautiful job with that song, but that hair I just couldn't stop staring at it & wondering if she & Diana Ross had a Big Hair contest, who would win.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Well for my money, my girl Gwenyth Paltrow's dress put all of 'em to shame. So polished, classy and sophisticated in that white dress with the matching duster coat. A close second was JLo and Viola Davis. Most of the rest were just meh...don't even get me started on Meryl's dress...lol, what was that thing? She looked like a big, overgrown version of the Oscar...terrible.

On a side note: I fell asleep and missed most of the show. Did Gary Oldman win the Oscar for his category? He's been deserving of an Oscar for years.
    norealityhere and Fanny Mare like this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I agree about Gwenyth Paltrow, Viola Davis, & Meryl Streep, but I didn't care for J Lo's at all.
    I just don't care for the whole "let's see how close I can get to exposing myself" type of tops & dresses. That's not sexy, that's desperation. She can look gorgeous & sexy without that.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I saw that Sean Combs was involved with that documentary. I still think that whole thing with the camera on him while his assistant "de-linted" him was unintentionally hilarious. It doesn't surprise me that he came in after and took credit for everything. I think the phrase "douche canoe" was invented for him.

In every picture I saw of Angelina Jolie, so had her hip cocked and her leg sticking out. It's like that was the only pose for that dress! I like her, but I really thought she needed some powder, especially on her forehead. On the plus side, her bare leg has already become a meme: Angelina Jolie's Right Leg: Behold the Five Greatest Photo Manips of Oscar's Breakout Star - Red Carpet | E!Online

Apparently, Sean Young was arrested last night at the Governor's Ball. I'd like to say that I'm shocked, but I'm really not: http://www.tmz.com/2012/02/27/sean-y...overnors-ball/
    She was told to leave because she didn't have a ticket, so she slapped a security guard. That sounds about right.

Did anyone see the pics of Sherri Shepherd from last night in that dress with the deep neckline......and her big old bra showing?

The more pictures I saw of Viola Davis's dress, the less I liked it. On E! the color looked darker and more intense, but every other picture I've seen makes it look like a light Kelly green. Meh. I didn't like the bodice either. She's worn much better dresses this awards season.

I think Mila Jovovich wore my favorite dress of the night. It was spectacular. Plus, her hair and makeup and jewelry were perfect.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Well for my money, my girl Gwenyth Paltrow's dress put all of 'em to shame. So polished, classy and sophisticated in that white dress with the matching duster coat. A close second was JLo and Viola Davis. .
    Gwyneth was THE best dressed last night for me .She looked wonderful.I didnt like J'lo, and I normally do.
    bee stung lips likes this.

I liked Gwyneth's dress and jewelry, but the cape thing was weird and I hated her hair. She should have just left it down and let it fall straight down her back instead of that funky ponytail.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    On a side note: I fell asleep and missed most of the show. Did Gary Oldman win the Oscar for his category? He's been deserving of an Oscar for years.
    No
    No offense to the winner, but Gary's played everyone under the sun.... from Sid Vicious to Beethoven to DRacula.
    bee stung lips likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I thought so too. I think it was one of the best they've ever done. I thought Elizabeth Taylor would be the one that got to me, but then, out of left field: As you wish.

As to Esperanza Spaulding, she really did do a beautiful job with that song, but that hair I just couldn't stop staring at it & wondering if she & Diana Ross had a Big Hair contest, who would win.
    I think that's why her singing the song the way she did, was so spectacular. I didn't even notice the hair so much. After seeing post-show stories today, I thought OMG! What happened to her? Did they not give her a stylist? I guess it really doesn't matter if you can sing like that!

I do plan on seeing the Descendants and The Artist is very intriguing.

As for Meryl's dress. I guess she figures she is such a great actress that she doesn't need to look good, I suppose that is kind of true.

I feel so bad for Sean Young, tho. Hasn't she done this before at another Oscar bash? I know it seems that folks get popular by behaving badly, but sadly, her ship has sailed.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

+ Reply to Thread