+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: 2012 Oscars

Re: 2012 Oscars

I'm doing pretty well on my Oscar ballot so far. I've only gotten cinematography wrong - I thought sure it would go to The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo....and it probably should have (and I loved Hugo).

I don't know much about sound editing, so I probably got that one wrong....okay, I did get it right!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    ETA: Bearcata, imdb has a ton of photos from the red carpet
    Getty Images is another great source.

I prefer this Cirque du Soleil thing to the original songs being performed. It's fun to see something different.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

CCL

Favorite looks - Jessica Chastain and Kate Mara (without sleeve). I liked the color of Stacey Kiebler's dress but not the gathered waist. Shailene Woodley's dress was nice but not for the Oscars. My sister thought that Michelle Williams's dress looked like movie theatre curtains (in shape). Gwyneth Paltrow without the stupid cape. Looking forward to seeing all the outfits later. Kate's sister Rooney might be shy but she also comes off as a jerk in a lot of interviews - not a favorite.
    I was torn between Octavia Spencer and Jessica Chastain but I was happy with the winner.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Poor Christopher Plummer. Why do they keep having to bring up his age all the time? Jeez! Considering the fact that Billy Crystal isn't looking so young, I'd think he'd stay away from the age jokes. He's starting to look like Alan King.

Gwyneth's dress looks much better without the cloak. Still hate her hair.

Chris Rock is kind of rocking the mini-fro.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    Kate's sister Rooney might be shy but she also comes off as a jerk in a lot of interviews - not a favorite.
    I haven't liked her since she first opened spoke independently and bashed her role on L&O:SVU.

I'm a little behind, but what the heck was Bradley Cooper sporting on his upper lip. It looked terrible!

I like Kate Mara's dress, although I would have liked it more if it had been in a slighter darker shade. Plus I wish she'd stand up straight! So many girls wear strapless and then spend the whole time hunched over like the dress is going to fall off. I want to yell and them and tell them to get some straps!

ETA: I think BC's mustache is for a role. At least I hope it is.

I just saw pictures of Meryl Streep and she looks gorgeous. I don't love the dress, but she looks fabulous.

Melissa McCarthy =

ETA: God, I love Emma Stone.

CCL

Emma Stone...oh my. I thought she was drunk at first. She cracks me up.

And Melissa MCarthy...love her. She'll always be Sookie for me.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread