+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Bearcata

Thread: Iron Lady

Iron Lady

IMDb - The Iron Lady (2011)

A look at the life of Margaret Thatcher, the former Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, with a focus on the price she paid for power.
    This film has two story arcs. One is a biography of Margaret Thatcher of how a grocer's daughter became a member of Parliament and then Prime Minister of Great Britain. The second story arc is about Margaret Thatcher's battle with dementia. I thought it was beautiful film. I know there are many critics of this film saying that it should not have been shown because MT is still alive. I disagree. Many say showing a powerful person brought low by dementia is insulting to that person. Live happens. It can be cruel. Meryl Streep does a brillant job of portraying a person suffering dementia and does it with dignity and grace.

Many actresses complain that as they grow older that it is harder to find good roles. Streep does not seem to have that problem from The Devil Wears Prada, Doubt, Mama Mia, It's Complicated, Julie & Julia and The Iron Lady she always seems to find a interesting projects and create powerful female leads.
    AZChristian and Fanny Mare like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Re: Iron Lady

I think she's a wonderful actress. She does Thatcher so well. I cant wait to see this movie!!

+ Reply to Thread