+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Footloose: the Remake

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Footloose: the Remake

I've been seeing ads for this upcoming movie recently, plus they did a number from it on Dancing With the Stars tonight. What do you think of it? Did you see the original? Do you plan to see the remake?

I wish I could get enthused about the remake but I loved the original so much, any remake could only be a disappointment to me. I loved the original music, the original stars, and how the story was told. The remake just looks blah to me. Not my type of music, not something I can connect with.

I think I'll wait for others to see it and see if it's worth bothering with. Maybe I'll catch it when it ends up free on Comcast On Demand.

Re: Footloose: the Remake

I've read some very favorable reviews of this one, so maybe I'll see it. It's more likely that I'll wait until it's on DVD.
    JavaJo likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I've read some good reviews, as well. I won't see it in the theater, but I will watch it on DVD.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

CCL

I will be seeing it. Or, rather, I will be made to see it by others. I don't even watch Dancing with the Stars but I feel I know too much about Julianne Hough to buy her as a teenager.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

CCL

Saw it on Sunday. Better than I thought it would be. The two leads are good. The male best friend is very funny.

Here is was a total duplicate scene for scene of the original. The one film critic I was listening to basically said if you have seen the original there is not point in seeing the remake but otherwise go and enjoy.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Here is was a total duplicate scene for scene of the original. The one film critic I was listening to basically said if you have seen the original there is not point in seeing the remake but otherwise go and enjoy.
    I found that really weird too that they just remade the movie with different actors, but every scene and scenario remained the same. I definitely loved the original and nothing will change that for me, even Julianne Hough. Footloose is one of my all time fave movies and have seen it so many times, it's embarrassing. If I am feeling sad or just blah, I watch that movie and I always feel much better after watching. The music was great too. I won't pay to see it, even DVD. So if it happens to come on cable TV years from now I might watch. I'll be curious to see what others have to say about it when they watch.

CCL

I would guess they are appealing to a generation that has never seen the original (which is almost 30 years old). I'm not that young (ahem) but the original was even before my time by a bit and I have never watched it.

No plans to watch it. I'd rather rent and rewatch the iconic original. I watch classic movies made long before I was born, not their updates. I've tried a few and they are never as good as the original even though the technology wasn't what it is now. Even the remakes with outstanding actors such as Jack Lemmon in the update of 12 Angry Men or Meryl Streep in the update of The Manchurian Candidate were not as good as the originals. I've watched the original 12 Angry Men at least 50 times over the years. I watched the remake once.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    No plans to watch it. I'd rather rent and rewatch the iconic original. I watch classic movies made long before I was born, not their updates. I've tried a few and they are never as good as the original even though the technology wasn't what it is now. Even the remakes with outstanding actors such as Jack Lemmon in the update of 12 Angry Men or Meryl Streep in the update of The Manchurian Candidate were not as good as the originals. I've watched the original 12 Angry Men at least 50 times over the years. I watched the remake once.
    I watched the original 12 Angry Me n a couple of years ago. I rented it from the library. It was brilliant.

As far as Manchurian Candidate, even Denzel couldn't get me to watch the remake.
    I saw that movie in my childhood and every time I rewatch it, it gives me chills. Especially Angela Lansbury.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast